Complaint Review: Alamo

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: hw — Nationwide Netherlands
Alamo
tampa airport Tampa, Florida United States of America

Alamo Making mistakes on purpose and make it hard for people to get their money back Tampa, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Alamo Cares

Alamo (Tampa Airport) seems to bank on customers that forget or do not bother trying to get their money back. I rented a car from Alamo throught a third party and received a prepaid voucher (I paid already). After returning the car, they
charged me for the full amount. I complained, and after a few emails going back and forth, they returned part of the money. I complained again, and after many additional emails, they finally budged and returned the last part.

The second time I rented from Alamo, they charged the full amount that was pre-agreed. And then they charged for extra days, although it was agreed they were included in the full price. Of course I complained again, and they then tried to make it so hard for me by not answering my questions but sending me a new (higher) bill.

It is just a bunch of crooks. It seems they are making mistakes on purpose, hoping that people wont complain. And I must admit, their stubborn customer service makes it very tempting to just give up and give them these extra dollars. I am sure many people give up, and walk away in frustration. Mission accomplished for Alamo, because they then keep the money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo/Tampa-Florida-/Alamo-Making-mistakes-on-purpose-and-make-it-hard-for-people-to-get-their-money-back-Tamp-996686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo

Alamo Cares

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - (USA)

Thank you for your post.
My name is Katherine and I am on the Alamo Social Media Team.  If you would like further assistance with your rental charges please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, rental agreement number, and all the details.  Please type reference number 130117-002432 in the subject line of the email.
We look forward to helping you.
Katherine