Complaint Review: Alaram Services

• Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By: Lady Barb — Berkeley California United States of America
Alaram Services
99 Pine St, 3rd floor Albany, New York United States of America

Alaram Services McGinn, Smith Alarm Trading, LLC There is no one monitoring our alram system, Nina Duffy Albany, New York

*Author of original report: Alarm Services McGinn, Smith Alarm Trading, LLC

*Author of original report: alarm company

*Author of original report: Alarm System

*Author of original report: Alarm Services

*UPDATE Employee: Response

*Author of original report: No Alarm Reponse

*UPDATE Employee: Response

We have our alarm system with First line Security and they went out of business and Alarm Trader took over and I have a signed contract by Nina Duffy and just found out that on one is monitoring our home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2012 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alaram-Services/Albany-New-York-12207/Alaram-Services-McGinn-Smith-Alarm-Trading-LLC-There-is-no-one-monitoring-our-alram-syst-911684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alaram Services

Alarm Services McGinn, Smith Alarm Trading, LLC

AUTHOR: Lady Barb - (United States of America)

I have to post that this company came through, and They refund our money and sent a check for $702.00.  This case is closed and I thank!

alarm company

AUTHOR: Lady Barb - (United States of America)

I have to post that this compnay came through, and They refund our money and sent a check for $702.00.  This case is closed and I thank!

Alarm System

AUTHOR: Lady Barb - (United States of America)

I must say that once I spoke with Doug, he has found our account and is in the process of getting of getting us a refund. Somehow we fell between the cracks and we are grateful for this all to be straighten out!  Thank you Doug!

Alarm Services

AUTHOR: Lady Barb - (United States of America)

I just saw you massage and I have called and left you my phone number.  Thank you and hopefully, this will all work out.

Response

AUTHOR: Doug Keenholts - (United States of America)

I would be happy to look into the matter further for you, but I do not have any contact information.  Please call me directly at 518-860-1290 so we can discuss the matter further.

Doug Keenholts

Vice President - Alarm Traders - Alarm Services

No Alarm Reponse

AUTHOR: Lady Barb - (United States of America)

I have read your reponse and what I found out that your company sold out part of the business off and all of the accounts were NOT bought and ours were one of them.  This happen back in May 2011.  So when I called back In Nov. 10, 2010 and was going to cancel our account I spoke to a Nina Duffy and we but renew our contract.

So when our alarm went off and and NO ONE CALLED US!  Imagine our shock, paying for a service for over a year with no monitoning service.  No reponse to our emails, wrong phone number is listed on our paperwork.  I have called and called and our account is NOT listed with any one!  So what you are saying here is wrong.  I can provide you with with all of our infomation in a private email, but here for all to see.

Since our account was disconnect over an year ago and someone has been cashing our check, becasue I check with our bank.  I want a refund of one year worth of monitoning fee  at $37.00 would be $444.00.  Since our cancel with our knowing it, here is my notice to keep it cancel.

Response

AUTHOR: Doug Keenholts - (United States of America)

As of May 4, 2012, Alarm Services no longer owns any alarm contracts as they were sold to a 3rd party.  As a part of normal business practice, and at the time of the sale, procedures were in place to prevent any active account from being non-monitored.  As this posting provides very little personal information, we cannot further investigate this claim without more information.  To the best of our knowledge, the poster has not contacted our offices or the offices of the 3rd party who purchased the alarm contracts.

Doug Keenholts