Complaint Review: Alarm Force

• Reported By: justin5749 — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
Alarm Force
675 garyray drive Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Alarm Force Ripoff of Equipment Return Fees Toronto , Ontario

In 2008 I made the mistake of signing a 3 year agreement with alarm force. First off the alarm system installed was one of the cheapest looking control modules i have ever seen. The components needed batteries all too often and the system was just overall a piece of junk. After a year I decided that I no longer wanted to do business with alarm force and found out that their cancellation fee happens to be 100% of the remaining payments left in the contract.

So I proceed to remove all components and go with a reputable alarm company (which I should have done from the get go) and simply wait out my 2 additional years just making the monthly payment for a service i didn't use. After my 2 years I call to cancel my service and send the equipment back. I was missing 2 door contacts and sent back an extra motion sensor I had paid for as the customer service rep said if I did that they would waive the missing door contacts.

I follow up with their "customer service" dept. which is horrible unless you happen to be wanting to buy something. They assure me that they will issue a refund for the extra month they charged me which I have yet to see. And don't expect to.

Long story short I get home today to see that not only did they not refund my  monthly monitoring fee they wrongly charged me but have decided that I now owe them 150.00 for something I can't get an answer out of customer service.

Anyhow I just wanted to let other users know not to do business with Alarm Force they are a terrible company and simply want to squeeze every penny out of you that they can. Go with a real company who cares about their customers like ADT or a local company around you. Whatever you do don't do business with Alarm Force or you will regret it like me and the other countless people who have posted similar stories on this website and many others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2012 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alarm-Force/Toronto-Ontario-m9l1r2/Alarm-Force-Ripoff-of-Equipment-Return-Fees-Toronto-Ontario-885866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alarm Force