Complaint Review: Alaska Airlines Baggage Claim

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:Redmond Washington
Alaska Airlines Baggage Claim
SEATAC AIRPORT, SEATTLE, Washington U.S.A.

Alaska Airlines Baggage Claim Alaska Airlines baggage claim suspect to missing bag Seattle Washington

After returning from a Palm Springs girls weekend, my sister checked her bag although she was traveling stand-by. The gate informed us, this was the best way as she was confirmed for the next flight. It was her 50th bday present and she had alot of "bling" in the bag. Upon my arrival, I pulled my own bag as well as my sisters from the carousel. She, being part of a private flight crew staus, knew there was no baggage security at Seatac International Airport and asked that I personally bring her bag to the secure area. I did just that and spoke to Emily at the baggage claim area. She, very rudely informed me that my sisters luggage was now MY responsibility since I removed it from the carousel.

Not being privy to security rules, I asked her "what should I do", she said "it's your bag now!" I said, OK, I will place it back on the carousel. (since they would not be responsible for the luggage). She observed and did not say a word to me.The baggage was placed back on the carousel and never seen again. Since then a police claim was filed against Alaska airlines for "theft". An attorney was contacted to file an additional claim against Alaska Airlines baggage claim.

They lied, denied and are now responsible (since the baggage claim employee Emily saw it placed back on the carousel). 100's of employees are terminated for this kind of deceit. The police will view the security cameras..the truth will soon be known! Never give up when you know the truth!! and CARRY on!

Advocate4people
Redmond, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alaska-Airlines-Baggage-Claim/SEATTLE-Washington-98158/Alaska-Airlines-Baggage-Claim-Alaska-Airlines-baggage-claim-suspect-to-missing-bag-Seattle-439152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alaska Airlines Baggage Claim