Complaint Review: Alaska Airlines

• Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: Mario — Newport Beach California
Alaska Airlines
Nationwide USA

Alaska Airlines Cancels My Return Flight, Offers to Resell at Over 3 Times Original Price Nationwide

I bought a round trip ticket through Alaska Airlines. Plans changed and I cancelled the outbound flight and got to my destination via SouthWest on a different date (SouthWest's prices were way cheaper for this date). It's 3 days before my return flight, which I kept with Alaska, and I find out that they cancelled my return flight.

I give them a call, and of course there is nothing they can do. The flight is operated by American, so my only option is to re-purchase the flight, which was now 3 times the original price. The credit I had for the two cancelled flights would not even cover the 1 return flight I needed. On top of that, my wallet just got stolen and all my cards are cancelled. I have no way to pay for another flight, which my credit should have covered.

The only thing they offer after escalating is to waive the cancellation/change flight fee (which would be "waived" if I just bought a brand new ticket anyway). I offer to show them the police report, but they don't care. Not sure how I'm getting home.

Thanks for taking care of your customer, Alaska.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alaska-Airlines/nationwide/Alaska-Airlines-Cancels-My-Return-Flight-Offers-to-Resell-at-Over-3-Times-Original-Price-1166792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alaska Airlines