Complaint Review: Albanese Confectionaries

• Updated: Tue, September 24, 2013

• Reported By: Mary Smith — Jacksonville Florida
Albanese Confectionaries
5441 East Lincoln Highway Merrillville, Indiana USA

Albanese Confectionaries or EWB Online Application for employment on Craigslist for accounting job Merrillville Indiana

I was contacted by a Stan Muers about working at home as an accountant to send out payroll for Albanese Confectionaries. They sent me a stack of 200 checks that had EWB and the address of that supposed company. When I questioned it, they told me it was a subsidiary of the company. Upon investigating, I found that EWB is Elephants Without Boundaries, supposedly a non profit. Unfortuantely they showed the account number and all information that I had on the checks on their web site. After calling the EWB, I found out the phone number is not valid and no one at Albanese confectionaries will answer their phone. The other contact that I have with Albanese Confectionaries, Jim, who only contacts me via Yahoo messanger, stated he knew nothing about this and said that the Stan person wanted the checks back. He (Stan) sent me a address label so that I could send out the checks to another person. I asked if Stan would contact me personally, but he replied in an email that he prefers emails or texts only. This person I am to send the checks to, supposedly lives in Decatur, Al but the address is bogus also. I also contacted the bank the checks were written on, and they stated the checks were bogus and if I sent them out, I would be included in the scam, if I returned them, this would also be in the scam because if found, my finger prints would be on the checks. Please beware of this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Albanese-Confectionaries/Merrillville-Indiana-46410/Albanese-Confectionaries-or-EWB-Online-Application-for-employment-on-Craigslist-for-accou-1086938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Albanese Confectionaries