• Report: #882033

• Submitted: Sun, May 13, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Guilford Indiana United States of America
Alcon

Alcon Ciba Vision My rebate form for 8 boxes of Daily lenses was denied. I sent 8 UPC (1 from each box) Internet

*Consumer Comment: alcon rebate not received

*UPDATE Employee: You sent 8 UPC's???

I followed every step identified on the REBATE submission form. I was denied my rebate because they said I did not include UPC codes. I sent the UPC code from all 8 boxes of my contact lenses, I was assured by the Sears staff that I met all criteria for the rebate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2012 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alcon/internet/Alcon-Ciba-Vision-My-rebate-form-for-8-boxes-of-Daily-lenses-was-denied-I-sent-8-UPC-1-f-882033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alcon

alcon rebate not received

AUTHOR: contactgirl - ()

I also did not receive the rebate. I followed as they said with 4 boxes and cut each UPC bar code out and sent it because it says with each purchase.  Then Noelle the supervisor tells me it says one UPC bar code and I should had made copies and it was my responsibility to to that.

I than told her if it shows that the rebate card was not dispensed from them that it was not my fault if they did not recieve it in the mail.  I told them to call my eye doctor and verify that 4 boxes were purchased.  They said they could not do that. I asked why.  It can be validated by just simply calling the eye dr.  The eye dr will not give the rebate unless you purchase the contacts.

This is fraud.  I told her I would report this and unfair and bad business.  I made my decision to purchase because I was going to get the rebate. Alcon what do I need to do next?

You sent 8 UPC's???

AUTHOR: Ciba Rep - (United States of America)

Ummm, the rebate form clearly says to attach only 1 UPC. If you had followed those directions, you would have had 7 other UPC's to be able to pick from and then simply e-mailed them 1...

Seriously...just e-mail them and ask to have them call your eye care provider to verify that the lens you selected are the contacts you purchased. Once that is done they will process your rebate and then you can come back here to let us know that Alcon didn't rip you off!!!