Complaint Review: Aldo shoes

• Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Lisa — Toronto Ontario Canada
Aldo shoes
Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Aldo shoes Buyer Beware - shoes break and no replacements or refund provided Toronto, Ontario

I bought a pair of "gaunt" boots in the fall. I wear them at work. The biggest workout they've had is walking to the photocopier. One day the heel snapped in half. I went to the shoe repair and was told it was structurally impossible to repair them.

I went to Aldo in the eaton centre and a sales rep tried to give me a replacement pair that was too big, because they didn't have my size. I only brought the broken shoe with me and they told me they could only replace them with a new pair if I brought in both boots. The manager said there were 4-5 pairs in my size in the system and they would ship them to me free of charge.

The next day I took both boots into Yorkdale. I asked for the manager -a woman names Theo- who told me there were only 2 pairs in the system and they couldn't find them. The store in Quebec apparently isn't open on Saturdays (seems odd for retail). Theo offered me an exchange for a different shoe in the store ( which I didn't want) but only at the now discounted price of the boots because I no longer had the original receipt.

I paid $119 plus tax. Theo offered me $40-something plus tax.

I just wanted the boots replaced. I've made two trips to the store and called another manager named Belal, who told me that even my VISA statement showing how much I paid will not suffice.

So I have NO shoes and got NO service and NO refund.

The shoes are bad - but the customer service and in store sales people and managers are even worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aldo-shoes/Toronto-Ontario-/Aldo-shoes-Buyer-Beware-shoes-break-and-no-replacements-or-refund-provided-Toronto-Ont-1004905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aldo shoes