mail

• Updated: Wed, December 09, 2009

• Reported By: Maridyth — Boise Idaho United States of America
Alert Cellular
Milwaukee St Boise, Idaho United States of America

Alert Cellular Lied Cheated Stole My Money and Went out of Business Boise, Idaho

I purchased my phone in May of 2009.  I went to the "Verizon" Kiosk in the mall because I knew one of the people who worked there.  I paid for the plan and the phone and additional third party insurance.

They did not tell me that they were not Verizon.  They did not tell me about the $350 dollar early termination/change to origanal contract or plan fee.  They DID NOT create an account for the third party insurance carrier!  They stole $60 from me that I have no hopes of getting back because the stupid company went out of business!!

I dropped my phone a few weeks ago and completely busted the front screen.  I went into the real Verizon store to make an insurance claim and they had no account.  Big red flag!  I tried contacting my friend that worked at the kiosk and he never got back to me.  I went into a Verizon/MyBullfrog (extremely helpful!) store and they helped me contact the insurance company who would not honor my claim because the Jerks at ALERT CELLULAR never activated the insurance account.  I even have proof I purchased the plan!

Any advice anyone has would be extremely helpful.  I still have the busted phone (it works, but the touch sensitive buttons on the front screen are starting to not work and the cracked glass gives me cuts every once in a while) and can't upgrade for 18 months and thanks to the jerks at ALERT CELLULAR can't get a replacement phone.  HAs anyone else had a similar situation like this??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alert-Cellular/Boise-Idaho-/Alert-Cellular-Lied-Cheated-Stole-My-Money-and-Went-out-of-Business-Boise-Idaho-536745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alert Cellular