Complaint Review: Alert One Security

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2008

• Reported By:Accokeek Maryland
Alert One Security
9500 Annapolis Rd., Suite B-8 Lanham, Maryland U.S.A.

Alert One Security , Forged My Signature on a Contract Lanham Maryland

A sales representative from Alert One came into my house to give my wife and I an estimate on an ADT system to be place in our home.

We agreed to a contract. However when the installer came to our house to install the equipment, he was installing the wrong system. I advised him of his error, and showed him a copy of the original installation contract.

He showed me the installation contract that was given to him. At that time is when I saw that he was given a contract that had my signature forged on it. However, the installer was very understanding and began to install the system that was originally on my contract. He refused to give me a copy of the forged document, however, I managed to get it and photocopy it in my home office.

When my wife and I contacted ADT Systems, we were told to file a complaint with Alert One. Alert One is the same location where the sales person works. They claimed they suspended the sales person for two weeks, gave us a letter of apology, and $300.00.

Of course forging someone's name is a serious crime, we are not satisfied with this resolution. If this has happened to us, we wounder how many other folks this may have happened to. We want to take legal action against ADT for subcontracting to this company, and Alert One for the negligence and inconvenience.

James
Accokeek, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2008 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alert-One-Security/Lanham-Maryland-20706/Alert-One-Security-Forged-My-Signature-on-a-Contract-Lanham-Maryland-305458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alert One Security