Complaint Review: Alert1

• Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: villamd — monroe New York United States of America
Alert1

Alert1 Death means nothing to Alert1, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Like it or not...this is part of the terms of service agreed to when the service was obtained...

I purchased the annual plan of Alert1 for my elderly mother after she had a couple of falls. I choose the annual plan because it was cheaper.  My mom was not suffering from any type of fatal illness so I never expected that she would have died a little over three months after I purchased the plan.  Imagine my surprise when after returning the Alert1 equipment I followed up about a pro-rated refund and was told I was not due a refund.

According to Alert1 I had 30 days to cancel the service and since I had passed the 30 days I was not due any refund from my annual plan. Basically what they are telling me is that although I only used about $90. worth of their service, they could keep the remaining $220.57 for doing absolutely nothing.  This ridiculous refund policy is absolutely absurd and takes advantage of the elderly and their families.

I can only imagine how much money Alert1 makes off of people who take the so called "cheaper plan".  Why if I insure my car and cancel my policy before the year's up I get a pro-rated refund. If I cancel my registration before the year's up I am given a pro-rated refund. What makes it okay for Alert1 to keep a person's money for "no service".  Clearly I can't use the service where my mother is now can I??? Do not use this service. They don't care about their customers. If they did, they would rightfully provide pro-rated refunds for annual plans. I'm so disgusted with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alert1/internet/Alert1-Death-means-nothing-to-Alert1-Internet-963228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alert1

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Termination by Subscriber or Company. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing the Company thirty (30) days' advance notice of your intent to terminate the Agreement. The Company's obligation to provide
monitoring service shall terminate automatically as of the date (the "Services Termination Date") that is the earlier of the (i) the date that is thirty (30) days following such advance termination notice and (ii) date the
Company receives its equipment back. No refunds will be provided for any prepaid amounts.

Have they lived up to the terms of the written agreement? To get a lower monthly rate by signing up for 12 months, looks like you gave up the right to a refund, pro-rated or not. It IS part of the service agreement YOU agreed to...get over it.

NO, I DON'T work for them.

" They don't care about their customers. If they did, they would rightfully provide pro-rated refunds for annual plans. I'm so disgusted with this company"

If YOU had READ the agreement, this wouldn't have happened of would have been anticipated.

NO Ripoff here.