• Report: #199935

• Submitted: Fri, July 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 25, 2010

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Alex Optical
4528 East Thomas Road Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 602-273-1980
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Alex Optical, ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*General Comment: This matter has long been resolved!!

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Customer

I have been to Alex Optical in the Metro Center Mall once before about 3 years ago. At that time, I got ripped off and given frames that I did not select. They told me they would do nothing about it. So I had to wear those glasses I was not happy with for 3 years!

NOW...

Three years later... they are still around. I figured maybe they changed their ways of treating their customers, so I gave them another try.

The biggest reason I did so... was because I wanted round frames and the big fashion thing today is square frames. Pretty much everywhere I went, the stores all had nothing but square frames.

So I went back to Alex Optical. When I went in, I had already gone to an eye doctor for my perscription... so I started looking at frames and found a couple that I liked. I sat down with the guy there named JIM, after waiting a long time as he was the only one there helping people... and he went thru the process of measuring my eyes for progressives. He then started telling me how he would get me theri top of the line lens' and they were called something like Ahoya. He said they were the thinnest and broadest range lens. Most progressive lens get blurry when you look to the sides.

So I said great! That's what I want. He was going to charge me close to $500 for one pair of glasses! I told him I would never pay that much for one pair when every other store is selling two pair for $350. But he said all the other stores are selling garbage.

YAH RIGHT!! His store is the Garbage!!

They are also a one hour store though he said he could not get my perscription done until the following night. Rediculous! But I paid him $200 down.

So when I went back that night, he just threw my glasses up on the counter and said I need the rest of the monies. So I gave him my Visa and he charged me the remaining $200.

Now he was thinking I was just going to take my glasses and leave... but I asked don't you fit these for me? He then said Oh... You need that done? Oh my god!! Yes!!

So he said ok, come over to the table and he seemed like he was in some hurry, bending them with his bare hands and no tools. He bends them a few times and pulls the plastic ear covering half way off the frames so they would fit better. GEEZ!!! This guy is an idiot!! Then he says there ya go! I asked for a case and he acted like "do I have to"...
But he gave me one.

Now I told him that these glasses were making me feel weird and giving me a headache right away and he said oh just take them home and wear them for a few days... you'll get use to them. So I left.

I wore these for a few days and never could I get used to them! I decided to take them into my eye doctor to get his opinion and he told me they were NOT Ahoya lens and that they are the cheapest lens made!! He found the inscribe on the lens. He also said that the perscription is bad and the progressive area in the lens is too low. I know I had to always raise my head to see small type.

HERE IS THE FINAL PUNCH:
So I took these back to Alex Optical and said I want my money back and they told me they couldn't do anything about it and that I would have to talk to the owner. They couldn't get a hold of him, so they said to call tomorrow. I called and no owner would talk to me. The employee there told me they had decided NOT to refund my monies!!

Now mind you... They state they have a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee!! They will not honor it!!!

I told them that the lens are NOT what I promised and that the perscription is wrong.
They told me too bad, were not refunding you!!!

People....
do NOT go to this god awful place!!!

They ripped me off 3 years ago and now they did it again, only WORSE!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Ronald
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2006 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alex-Optical/Phoenix-Arizona-85018/Alex-Optical-ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-199935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alex Optical

#1 General Comment

This matter has long been resolved!!

AUTHOR: HCS Rep Def - (United States of America)

The Reputation Defense Department of Hassan Computer Sales & Services currently represents Alex Optical in the matter of Report: #199935.  This matter has long been resolved, we have petitioned Rip-Off-Report to remove this negative information about Alex Optical  We strongly feel it is simply a case of gross negligence on behalf of the Rip-Off-Reports administrative team to repeatedly overlook our petitions & leave the negative information in view of the public.

Staff
HCSRD

Satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

When I first visited Alex Optical I had just arrived in town for a business meeting. As I was getting my rental car, I pulled my glasses from my pocket and they broke. The earpiece had snagged on my pocket. I needed my glasses. I am blind without them. I checked the phone book and called Alex Optical.

The man said for me to come in and they would see what they could do. I have a high prescription, a -4.00, and my last pair of glasses I had to wait two weeks before receiving them. Upon arriving at Alex Optical I was impressed with the customer service I received.

The customer service is what I refer to as, good old fashioned customer service. The optician was nice and polite and was inquisitive of my needs. The optician was interested in me, trying to make sure all my eye care needs were met. I bought two pair of glasses that day, and received both pairs in about one hour.

Because of the customer service I experienced at Alex Optical this company has gained a customer for life. I tell all my friends who live in Phoenix to go to Alex Optical because they will be pleased with the exceptional customer service and knowledgeable staff.

Satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Phnxndr - (U.S.A.)

Satisfied Customer:

The customer service was what I refer to as, good old fashioned customer service. The optician was nice and polite and was inquisitive of needs. The optician was interested in me, trying to make sure all my eyecare needs were met. I bought two pair of glasses that day, and received both pairs in about one hour.

Quality Eyeglasses:

In the past, I have gotten my prescription eyeglasses at such places as Lenscrafters, Eyemasters, Costco, and Sam's Club optical. I have never been pleased with the results. I have been told I have a high prescription and there is nothing that can be done about the thick edge of the lens.

I was discussing this with a friend and they suggested I go to Alex Optical. I went to Alex Optical and they were able to take care of my eyecare needs. I told them about my concern about the thick edge and they suggest a high index lens. I decided to purchase a pair of glasses and see if the quality was better than the competition. I was amazed when I received my pair of glasses.

The edge thickness was hardly noticeable, and the glasses felt light-weight on my face, not heavy and bulk like previous eyeglasses. The frame was sturdy and well-crafted, and I had transition lenses. The quality was amazing and at a reasonable price, unlike the other places.

I tell all my friends who wear glasses to go to Alex Optical because of their quality. You can tell that Alex Optical is committed to quality and ensuring the customer receives a quality pair of prescription eyeglasses.

Custom Lens Designs:

I have a three-piece drilled rimless frame that have a unique shape of lens. I wanted to get my prescription lenses put into this frame. I like the shape and wanted to keep this shape for my prescription. I went to various places like Lenscrafters and Eyemasters and was basically told they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I went to Alex Optical and they told me there would be no problem in doing that for me. Their expert drill technician personally helped me and told me it could be done. I was able to get the lenses that go light to dark as well in my frame, in my prescription, and the shape I wanted.

I received my custom eyeglasses in about four days because of the drilling process and the anti reflective coating process. I was very pleased with the custom service I received from Alex Optical which is what sets this company apart from the others.