Complaint Review: Alexma Construction

• Updated: Thu, September 11, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Gatineau Quebec
Alexma Construction
561 Maloney Est Gatineau, Quebec Canada

Alexma Construction LE GROUPE ALEXMA LAURIN CONSTRUCTION INC1161208997 Québec Inc.7792646 CANADA INCMario LaurinDenis GroulxLES CONSTRUCTIONS DARIOLE GROUPE LAURIN CONSTRUCTIONLE GROUPE ALEXMA CONSTRUCTION6042403 CANADA INC6042503 CANADA INC. Ne leur donner pas de dépôt car si la transaction tombe à l'eau, ils vont tous faire pour rembourser le moins possible!! Gatineau Quebec

*UPDATE Employee: Complete Falsehood

I've dealt with this company for the construction of a house ... They asked me a deposit of $ 10,000 for the construction of this place on my property! I offered $ 5,000.00 and they agreed... What seems strange is that the company will take possession of my land during construction so the need of the deposit was questionable ?? Just to be clear ... They was going to own my land, all notarized and this should have served as enough guarantee!

Then I move on to financing where everything was approved but the company financing company required a deposit of $ 2,400 from me! I mention this to the construction company and they say nothing to that effect! From my point of view, considering that they will take possession of the land and the deposit is not necessary, why not give me back $2400 that the finance company requested to officially close the deal ... But no! They want to keep the $5000.00!

A few months later, I pay the $2400 that the finance company wanted but they refused funding because it took too long for the deposit! They lost confidence! Then we proceed with another bank that refuses because they find that the house is too upscale for the neighborhood ...So I contacted the construction company to tell them that the transaction will not work and that I would like to get my deposit back for construction of the house!

They told me it will take two weeks because there are calculations to be done because they don’t work for free! They told me that the file had dragged on the whole thing cost them money and they want to be compensated for their time! Like any company, a cancellation fee for a canceled transaction is normal, so I said ok, I'll wait two weeks. I head out to their office two weeks later and seller Denis Groulx said he has not done the math yet! I started having concerns as a cancellation fee is standard, this usually reflects a percentage ... There, he began to tell me that there were legal fees, costs for modified plans, and the time he devoted to my file!

Also, I see on their desktop at least three (3) lawsuits ... I said to Denis 'this not all against you'? He replied that yes ...

Then, two weeks later, I show up to the office to get my money and they told me again that they are overwhelmed and they have priorities... I demand to speak with the owner and Denis refuses! So I told him that I do not leave until I talked to the owner! He started yelling at me that I have no business here, he'll call the police, my credit sucks, it's been years since I’ve been bothering them with files that are going nowhere .. . blah, blah, blah! I reply to him that 'my credit sucks because I gave him $ 5000.00 that should have been used to pay my bills instead of going into his pockets! He finally contacted the owner who gave me a redemption date!

I head out to their office that given day and still, nothing! He said he is leaving next week and everything will be resolved before his departure! 5 days later I get a text from Denis who told me that my check is ready! So I go down to the their office and noticed that the $ 5,000.00 is now a sum of $ 2,400.00. He made me sign an invented bill with fees as if these people with no education can charge fees that are equivalent to that of a lawyer! I leave with the check and I am preparing for small claims court because a judge will have the pleasure of making them realize that I did not make a deposit for a service contract but for a home! So to give me a bill for service to justify the seizure of certain amounts does not apply to the eyes of the law and not in their fantasy world!

I also want to mention that this company Operates under 10 different names and several incorporations ... This is a very deceptive practice and a sign of questionable behavior! I should mention they have several phone numbers to make it difficult to reach them ..

The site provides:

Tel: (819) 669-6267

Fax: (819) 669-5902

Cell: (819) 410-2203

But there are many others ...

Phone: (819) 568-8383

Fax: (819) 568-6574

Cell: (819) 307-4093 and (819) 213-3217

Here are some of the operational names to trace:

The Alexma Construction Group

1161208997 Quebec Inc.

7792646 Canada Inc.

Mario Laurin

Denis Groulx

Le Groupe Alexma Laurin Construction Inc.

6042503 Canada Inc.

6042403 Canada Inc.

Le Groupe Laurin Construction

Les Constructions Dario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alexma-Construction/Gatineau-Quebec-J8P-1B9/Alexma-Construction-LE-GROUPE-ALEXMA-LAURIN-CONSTRUCTION-INC1161208997-Qubec-Inc7792646-1169260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alexma Construction

Complete Falsehood

AUTHOR: Denis - (Gatineau)

This is a rebuttal of a report filed against Alexma Construction by Mr Garry Pierre of Gatineau, Quebec alleging that the company ripped off his deposit. Mr Pierre alleges that the company wanted to take his land before commencing construction but in fact his land was mortgaged to the hilt and had no market value whatsoever. The alleged property owned by this person was full of non payment actions against this individual and therefore was an impediment to any construction being done on it. As a company we offered Mr Pierre to hold his land and pay off the actions on it through a notary and then proceed with the construction of his house. The deposit of 5,000$ was very insignificant for a project such as this one as the normal deposit is 10% of the value of the contract which was approximately 250,000$ . . . so normally a deposit of 25,000$ would have been considered standard. Mr Pierre alleges that his lot should have covered the value of the deposit but as stated it was worthless until the bills approximating two thirds of its value were paid . .  and he was in no position to pay them . .  that is why he wanted our company to do just that.

Essentially the company's position was this: obtain financing for the project as estimated and we will take necessary action to clear all bills from the land and secure a deposit of 5,000$ before beginning construction. Subsequent to Mr Pierre's attempts at obtaining financing he was ultimately refused because of his flagrant insolvability. The fees that were billed were justified as most were for the Notary who charged for research into his mortgaged property. The company operates in only one entity and one address and one phone number other than the sales number. The allegations in his report amount to ''poppycock'' or in plain english . . . a pack of lies from an insolvable customer who is in debt up to his eyeballs and wants a builder to construct a house with him having little or no out of pocket cash . . . dream on sir . .  that is not how the real world works . .  here in Gatineau Quebec or anywhere else in the world . .  other than LALA LAND