Complaint Review: Alibaba and Aliexpress

• Submitted: Fri, December 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: Ms.SkinCare — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Alibaba and Aliexpress

Alibaba and Aliexpress Alibaba closed my orders after my bank approved them and is requesting everything needed to steal my identity Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Alibaba - we want to help

For years I have been getting emails encouraging me to purchase item safely through Alibaba and Aliexpress, after research I decided to go ahead as it sounded ideal.  They will not release payment to the seller until you have received the merchandise safely.  So after browsing, shopping and attempting to communicate with some sellers I placed an order.  I contacted the bank issued credit card company to release the restriction on International purchases.  Everything appeared fine and my bank confirmed that the payment was authorized.  24 hours later I receive an email from Alibaba stated that "my order has been closed for security reasons"  HUH?  I didn't understand why so I finally found the area where I could "file a claim"  and "appeal" this decision.  Again keep in mind that my bank approved the payment, I also called to verify this.  Well according to Alibaba if you do not appeal the funds will be held for 10 - 30day while an "investigation" is conducted OR I can send copies of both sides of my credit card, my credit card statement AND my passport.  Sorry, evidently it was stupid of me to order from you in the first place, but I am not that stupid that I will give you every document needed to steal my identity.  Now I own a business and ofter get business supplies from around the world, I have never had this or any problem.  So in a nut shell:  Alibaba emails you everyday saying how secure and wonderful it is, you believe them and place an order, funds are transmitted, ALIBABA shuts down order tying up your money if not just keeping as I do not have access to it yet, then with the funds and order as a hostage they ask for extrememly personal identification that we are basically told from birth NEVER to give out.  HMMMM  - I have to assume all of their reviews are bogus too.  Quite an enterprise and even though now I am embarrassed this infor must be shared with other people and business owners in all selling and wholesale forums and communities.  SHAME ON YOU !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alibaba-and-Aliexpress/internet/Alibaba-and-Aliexpress-Alibaba-closed-my-orders-after-my-bank-approved-them-and-is-reques-978969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alibaba and Aliexpress

Alibaba - we want to help

AUTHOR: Alibaba Rep - (Hong Kong)

Hi Ms. Slice,

My name is Mark and I am the director of international corporate affairs at Alibaba Group.

I am sorry that you have had problems using our platform.  I'd like to see if we can help you resolve your issue.

First, I don't have any way of knowing why the transaction was canceled, but it's my hope that we can get in contact so I can get your order number and track it for you.

Could you please contact me at mstory@us.alibaba-inc.com?  Perhaps we can resolve this without your having to give information that you are uncomfortable giving.  And let me assure you of one thing:  we require documentation only to verify your identity as the person who placed the order.  All of our transactions are kept confidential and we in no way EVER disclose an personally identifiable information.

Please feel free to contact me.

Mark Story