- Report: #303918
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Alienware Computers, Alienware
Alienware Computers, Alienware14591 SW 120 ST Miami, Florida U.S.A.
Alienware Computers, Alienware LEMON MACHINE, no resolution in site... refused to make good on getting me a working machine Miami Florida
*Author of original report: Alienware contacted me
*Consumer Suggestion: Contact your Local OAG .
*UPDATE Employee: Alienware Support
*Author of original report: update
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My computer was sent in for service for the first time on 11/28/2006 after a grueling tech support marathon which consisted of at least 3 3 hour or longer calls to Alienware to trouble shoot the PC. The demanded each time that I take components out of the machine, or open the case which is a big problem with computer companies as this often voids the warranty. Every time I mentioned this I was met with resistance and a very bitter and nasty tone. I was made to troubleshoot the machine each time with the understanding that more would be to come after "just play with it now and when it fails or if you have problems call us back" with no real end to the resolution in site.
Finally an return airbill was sent to my address (after I was told I needed to secure the part with a credit card in order to get a tech to come out and fix the machine under their "In home service" contract. I refused to charge several hundred dollars of money on to my credit card with no assurance as to when and how I would be credited and therefore after much hassle I was told an airbill would be sent to me to return the computer to service. The computer arrived to service the first time with with various issues relating processor overheating and problems with the mother board and hard drive. A cooling fan and the hard drive were replaced in invoice number: SI213900 however I have continued to have problems relating to the same issue as well as additional memory issues.
The computer was sent in a second time on 08/28/2007 under invoice number: SI213900 in which again the cooling fan was replaced as well as the hard drive. the third failure happened within the past few weeks. I called Alienware support again, with the error codes from the blue screens and went through no less than 10 hours of tech support in 3-4 calls to finally reach the conclusion that this computer needed to be sent in for service. I have sent in my computer under the airbill they emailed me and the machine has arrived at depot however...
My warranty will expire within the year and I feel that this company had not only sent me a Lemon machine, but they have consistently failed to provide me with a satisfactory resolution to this issue (i.e. my computer in a satisfactory state or a working model computer of comparable specs) Requests for assistance obtaining a warranty, replacement machine were firmly denied and I was told to contact tech support. I would expect a new machine, or a written contract stating that if this computer fails within one year of this third service at depot a new machine will be sent to me no questions asked. All I expect from this company is a quality, functioning machine that has the specifications I ordered.
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Alienware offered me an 30 day extension on my warranty which I feel is unfair and very condescending. Let me enumerate the problems I have with this
1. the computer has been diagnosed with SEVERAL DIFFERENT problems, none of which have been diagnosed as originating from a singular source see my original complaint for the items replaced / problems. The representative said he would extend the warranty for 30 days provided it was under the same "CONDITIONS" or the "SAME PROBLEM" as this last complaint. Meaning, if they label a new issue after this machine comes back as a new condition or problem all bets are off. This to me is absurd. The machine has had a myriad of problems from the beginning and I want a cart blanche UNCONDITIONAL warranty on parts for 1 year from the time this comes back from depot. No tech has yet been able to tell me WHAT is wrong with the machine so how am I to know if it suffers the "SAME PROBLEM"
2. This does does not make my position any better. Why should I have less than a month to test out this machine? The machine has failed in an average of 60-90 days time on two occasions...how am I to know it won't fail again in that time frame 30 days is unacceptable.
3. Why should I go to tech support again...if the representative is telling me that "if this computer fails again due to the same problem" he obviously knows WHAT is wrong with the machine. IE he has some idea right? So why do I need to troubleshoot the machine again if it fails?
I do not want to rip off this company, I don't want a free machine. All I really want is a computer that works. Isn't this a fair request after the 3 grand I spent on this machine?
Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Lake Katrine, New York
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alienware-Computers-Alienware/Miami-Florida-33186-8638/Alienware-Computers-Alienware-LEMON-MACHINE-no-resolution-in-site-refused-to-make-goo-303918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.