Complaint Review: Alienware Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, December 22, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 22, 2004

• Reported By:Bowie Maryland
Alienware Corporation
12400 S.W. 134 Court Bay #8 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Alienware Corporation RIPOFF, Sold me a $5,000 dollar computer that stopped working two days after the warranty expired Miami Florida

I purchased a gaming computer for my son if Dec. 2003 at a cost of $5,000.00. It came with a defective subwoofer but the company replaced it (the only positive thing I can say about this company).

On Dec. 20, 2004 the computer graphics became defective. Several calls were made to the company (technical support and customer support). I was told the warrenty expired Dec. 18th and they could no longer assist me. If I purchased an extended technical support contract I could get technical support but if a defective part was found I would have to pay for the part.

I was put on hold everytime I asked to speak to a supervisor. Twice noone came back, the third time the representative would not give me the supervisor or even her name. This company cannot be reputable if that is how they treat customers. They obviously do not want repeat customers or referrals. I will do whatever I can to prevent others from being ripped-off like this.

I cannot believe it! A $5,000.00 piece of equipment and that is it, I'm on my own. This computer should have lasted years. I got one year and two days!

Diane
Bowie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2004 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alienware-Corporation/Miami-Florida-33186/Alienware-Corporation-RIPOFF-Sold-me-a-5000-dollar-computer-that-stopped-working-two-da-124081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware Corporation