Complaint Review: Alienware

• Submitted: Sat, October 21, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 23, 2006

• Reported By:mesa Arizona
Alienware
14591 SW 120 ST Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Alienware ripoff, overheat problems with motherboard, computer only lasted barely over the warranty. Miami Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Alienware Support

Alienware Area51 m is not worth buying at all.

I purchase an area51 m a little over a year ago and today I find out there is voltage problems with the motherboard. There is no way to fix the computer unless I purchase a new one. I already spent over $4000.00, didn't ever received my $400 rebate and now have a computer I can't use.

Their support was useless and if I wanted them to look at the problem I would have to ship it and pay for the shipping.

Now, there is a class action against them and I will definitely be a part of it.

Alienware needs to be reported!

Cory
mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2006 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alienware/Miami-Florida-33186-8638/Alienware-ripoff-overheat-problems-with-motherboard-computer-only-lasted-barely-over-the-216960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware

Alienware Support

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Good afternoon Cory,

My name is Steve Lopez and I am a support forums administrator for Alienware. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having with your laptop and our service. This is not typical of the Alienware experience and I will do what I can to make sure your issue is resolved in a satisfactory manner. Please send your account information to my E-mail address at Steve_Lopez@alienware.com and I will see what I can do to about your shipping and rebate problem. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,