Complaint Review: Alienware

• Submitted: Mon, November 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 27, 2006

• Reported By:sherwood park Alberta
Alienware
14591 SW 120 Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Alienware Lies and theft ripoff Miami Florida

I recieved my new Alienware computer and immediatly set it up only to find that it doesnt work. I called there tech support who determined that i needed to send the computer back to Alienwares rapair center at MY EXPENSE.
Over $130 for shipping. I eventually found out that the problem was the video card ($850 NVidia 7950 GX2) and called Alienware tech support back and paid for the shipping of the faulty card myself ($30).

I finally recieved the return package 2 weeks later only to find that the card inside was the same one that I had sent them IT STILL HAD MY FINGERPRINTS ON IT! I thought maybe they had repaired it so I put it into my computer only to find it still didnt work. I then called tech support back and they told me to send it back AGAIN, also at my expense. So they expect me to pay to send the same part back TWICE!

I then asked the customer support Rep. if i send it back again and they just do the same thing again are they going to expect me to just keep paying for it again and again? The response was yes. this cant be legal it is most deffinatly unethical.

I have tried everything to reason with this company even offered to take and inferior video card to make sure that I got a different one acctually saving them money, and they refused. They are simply unwilling to to reason they dont care what they did,
and refuse to take any responsability for there mistakes. I no longer know what to do
im simply forced to to either comtinueng to pay for there mistakes or just keep my $3000 paperwieght.

Cameron
sherwood park, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2006 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alienware/Miami-Florida-33186/Alienware-Lies-and-theft-ripoff-Miami-Florida-222514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware