• Report: #1191628

• Reported By: anonymous212 — New York New York
Alienware/Dell
Nationwide USA

Alienware/Dell Dell Warranty on honoured on a $4k custom PC Nationwide

I had purchased a $4k monster rig back in Dec 2009 from Alienware/Dell & began having various boot issues starting Sept 2014. As it turns out the motherboard of all components was failing. I had purchased an extended warranty separately as well as I was planning to gift the PC to my 2 nephews & get a new PC (it was going to be from Alienware). The rep assured me the extended warranty would cover the PC until the Dec 2014. The PC finally went black in Nov 2014.

I called the Dell support line (11/26/2014) & informed them that a friend of mine who works as a tech in a large corporate office did all the time consuming troubleshooting that Dell wanted me to do. My tech friend confirmed that it was an issue with the motherboard. After a 5 min hold, the rep tells me that he will simply refund what I paid for the extended warranty & my $4k custom rig will NOT be covered.

Alienware used to be a great gaming rig company- that’s why I went with them initially on a costly purchase. The number of complaints on service & quality that I’m now reading about Alienware is too much for a service that is supposed to provide high end custom PCs.

If you are planning to get a high-end PC, do NOT buy from Dell/Alienware as they don’t seem to honor their warranties when it comes time for them to support you down the road. As I’m still fuming over this experience, I emailed all my family & friends to tell them of my experience. I also informed that if they are planning on purchasing a new PC, I will give them $100 NOT to buy from Dell… this is how much Dell has alienated me as a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2014 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AlienwareDell/nationwide/AlienwareDell-Dell-Warranty-on-honoured-on-a-4k-custom-PC-Nationwide-1191628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware/Dell