Complaint Review: All American Chimney & Duct Cleaning

• Updated: Fri, May 30, 2014

• Reported By: 666girl — Montclair New Jersey United States of America
All American Chimney & Duct Cleaning
87 Rome St Farmingdale, New York United States of America

All American Chimney & Duct Cleaning ALL AMERICAN, ALL AMERICAN MAINTENANCE, ALL AMERICAN CHIMNEY $40 chimney flue pipe cleaning scam claims to be based in New Jersey and Pennsylvania Farmingdale, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Our Company

*Consumer Comment: Very happy customer!

*Consumer Comment: All american chimney was wonderful

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied

*Consumer Comment: Very content with company.

This company cold calls areas in NJ and PA. They even call numbers on the Do-Not-Call list! I traced them back to 87 Rome St in Farmingdale NY (on Long Island!).

They claim to be offering a $40 flue pipe cleaning special, but will come to your house to tell you that you need thousands of dollars worth of chimney work.

When you ask them for their address, they say they're on 7208 Red Top Rd, Hummelstown PA or 14 Scenic Dr, Dayton NJ. Both of those locations have NO chimney company.

They call with blocked numbers and will harrass you again and again. PLEASE stop this company from staying in business! Such a huge scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-American-Chimney-Duct-Cleaning/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/All-American-Chimney-Duct-Cleaning-ALL-AMERICAN-ALL-AMERICAN-MAINTENANCE-ALL-AMERICAN-852704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All American Chimney & Duct Cleaning

Our Company

AUTHOR: All American Chimney and Duct Cleaning, Inc - ()

My name is Dave Christopher and I am a manager at All American Chimney and Duct Cleaning, Inc.

I wanted to take a moment to address this report as there are several inaccuracies and misleading statements.

Yes. Part of our company advertising is done using a telemarketing program. We do not outsource these positions and all of our representatives are employees of All American Chimney.

Our  corporate office is located on Long Island in Farmingdale, NY however we do have local crews that are dispatched from each region we are licensed to service. We are fully licensed, insured and certified by the States of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Massachusetts as well as Suffolk County, NY and the City of New York where we are licensed and certified in all 5 boroghs.

We are family owned and operated and in business for 27 years.

We do, in fact, offer a furnace flue sweep for about $40.00 (depending on the time of year) and that price is an all-inclusive flat rate with no additional fees or charges.

As part of that service, we do a full chimney and flue inspection that conforms to NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) guidelines. Specifically the guidelines set forth in NFPA code 211.

In the course of this inspection, we are required to notify the homeowner of any and all issues with the flue system that do not meet code or safety standards. At NO TIME are homeowners under ANY OBLIGATION to have ANY WORK DONE. We leave the estimate and leave it to the homeowner to decide.

If a homeowner does decide to schedule work, we then offer a 3 day cancellation period. Once a contract is signed, the homeowner has 3 full business days to cancel the contract and receive a full refund of any money paid towards the job.

Unfortunately what most homeowners fail to realize, the chimney and flue are an integral part of the home heating system and usually they are not properly maintained or regularly serviced. When dealing with masonry flues and chimneys wiith an oil heated home, it is recommended that a full top-to bottm cleaning be done annually. With a gas system this should be done every 18-24 months.

By not having the flue regularly serviced they are subject to deterioration caused by caustic exhaust residues, moisture, temperature extremes which can cause expansion cracks as well as other elemental damage. When routine service is performed, these issues are caught early and can usually be repaired or resolved fairly inexpensively.

Unfortunately in a lot of cases, routine service is NOT performed which leads to more extensive damage. There are situations where a flue liner might need to be replaced or significant masonry repairs might be required to ensure the safe operation of the system. There are a number of hazards that can occur when dealing with a damaged or improperly operating flue system, including elevated carbon monoxide levels in the home.

It is our job to make sure that the flue system is safe and structurally sound.

We perform literally THOUSANDS of cleanings and inspections annually and in most cases, little or no additional work is needed.

In ANY home maintenance or home contracting business, there are always people who will feel that they paid too much, or have buyer's remorse. We make every effort to resolve every customer issue to their complete satisfaction. As an Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau, we are responsible to address and resolve ALL consumer complaints.

We are also members in good standing with the Attorney General offices and Consumer Affairs Departmentsin all of the locations we are licensed to service.

All of our work is fully guaranteed and all of our technicians are fully licensed with multiple certifications. We do not sub-contract any work at any time.

If you have had an issue with any work our company has performed we will do everything we can to resolve that issue.

Thanks for taking the time to read our response.

Dave Christopher, Manager

All American Chimney and Duct Cleaning, Inc.

AUTHOR: aacdcinc - (United States of America)

Very happy customer!

AUTHOR: limarie - (USA)

From start to finish this comapny was professional and honest. They were clean, friendly and very clear on exactly what they were doing, step by step. I highly reccommend All American Chimney

All american chimney was wonderful

AUTHOR: limarie - (United States of America)

I couldnt be happier with my experience. The entire staff wasw so helpful, informative and honest! Of course i was a little skeptical when i recieved a phone call from a telemarketer requesting to have my chimney cleaned, so i followed up with the BBB as well as the inspector...I read great reports on the BBB website, and the inspector highly recommended the company, stating it was one of the only companies that actually pull the permits before doing any work! i was so pleased. The work wasd needed, as well as very reasonably priced. The technitions were so patient and friendly. From my house to yours I highly recommend this company.

AUTHOR: SMC - (United States of America)

I was visited by representatives of this company. They performed the work needed and the workmen were both courteous and quality craftsman. I needed not only a liner but also brick work as the entire upper section of the chimney was ready to fall apart. They not only properly placed the liner in place but took care to replace the flue connections inside from our gas furnace and water heater in an imporved configuration form what we had. All three of our flues were properly capped with qualit stainless steel and the pointing and masonry is a visual match for the existing masonry of the exterior chimney. I in no way feel I was ripped off and was both treated properly and professionally. I would call them again and trust them to do a quality job and make good recommendations of the work needed.

Very content with company.

AUTHOR: Bob7981 - (United States of America)

I was searching around for a licensed and insured chimney company, for a major repair that i needed on a house i just purchased. I came across a couple of fly by nite company's that kept on giving me the run around about extra work that needed to be done. The third company i had come to my house for an estimate was All American Chimney, and the service technician mike was very knowledegable and courteous. They actually beat the previous two estimates that i did get by a big difference, and i was extremely pleased with the work that was done. I recommend this company to anyone who is looking for great deals and the rite job done!