Complaint Review: All American Chimney

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Wasted-MyTime — New Jersey United States of America
All American Chimney
New Jersey Internet, New Jersey United States of America

All American Chimney All American Maintenance No Show company Internet, New Jersey

I live in a community that requires two year dryer vent cleaning.

This cold caller called me and saying that he found me from the database. (They are known as All american maintenance, All american chimney, etc), and he mentioned about the price $35 now and if called later, it will be doubled.  I compared that price with the one I usually go with. It is $20 cheaper.  So, I decided to set up an appointment.  Afterward, I checked this ripoffreport.com website, I was a little concerned that it is a scam.  But I did see some good comments about it.  And I also checked with the property management company, so some residents in my community do use them.  So, I felt a little sense of relief.

Of course, I will have to take a half/full day off for them to come in and clean the dryer vent.
One day, my wife just happened to be in the house, but she was very busy.  The AAC (All American Chimney) called and said we could come today (Friday), my wife couldn't just let them  in, and we decided to keep what is scheduled which is following Monday 8-10am.

Monday morning, I waited until 9:30am, I called them up.  They said, they are running late.  I called at again at 10:00am, they said the technician is on other job.  By the way, I never talked to the technician, only the operator. Okay, I waited until 11am, still no show. I called them up again.  And reschedule to 2pm.  The operator said he will be there. Lo and behold, at 3pm, I still saw no one.

What kind of company is it? Set you up with an appointment and don't show and don't even call you to tell you when they will arrive?!  I had to do all the calling and wasted my whole day for nothing.

The price $35 may sound attractive in bad economy.  But I will never want to even use their service for start again...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-American-Chimney/Internet-New-Jersey-08540/All-American-Chimney-All-American-Maintenance-No-Show-company-Internet-New-Jersey-1023303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All American Chimney