Complaint Review: All Brands Appliance - Doug And Lori Cass

• Submitted: Sun, January 04, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 04, 2009

• Reported By:Center Moriches New York
All Brands Appliance - Doug And Lori Cass
2585 Middle Country Road Centereach, New York U.S.A.

All Brands Appliance - Doug And Lori Cass ripped me off to the tune of $705.00 Centereach New York

Jan 5, 2009
S. C. Executive's Office of Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 6100
Hauppauge, N.Y. 11788-099

To Whom It May Concern:
I am filing this complaint of fraud against All Brands Appliance and the owners Doug and Lori Cass. On 12/15/08 I called to have my range repaired due to the gas oven not lighting. A repairman came and insisted on a cash payment of $125.00 which was paid. He looked at the oven for less than a minute and said he needed to order a part and left. A few days later I was informed that the part in question cost another $580.00 and if I wanted it fixed for the Holidays that I would have to come down to the store in Centereach at 2585 Middle Country Road and pay in Cash, which I did on 12/19/08.

Finally on 12/23/08 a different repairman from All Brands Appliance came out and looked under the range and immediately found the problem, which was a loose igniter. He tightened up the igniter with one Philips head screw and fixed the no-ignition problem. I asked about the part I paid for and he said It was not needed and the office should refund the cost of the part which was supposedly 'special ordered'.

After numerous phone calls they still refuse to refund the fully paid for and unneeded part for $580.00. After researching a little bit about the company, I have concluded that Doug and Lori Cass have a previous felony record and are running a criminal enterprise and should be further prosecuted.

Enclosed are copies of reports from the Better Business Bureau and also from your own office of Consumer Affairs as well as an excellent article from the NY Times from November 11, 2003 over FIVE YEARS AGO! In the Times story, your own director of licensing William J. Baessler boasts "In the history of Consumer Affairs, there's been no one who we've ever arrested or prosecuted who has continued to operate in business."

Well, I can assure you, they are still in business right now and have not changed their deceptive and illegal practices. I ask , how you can allow this fraudulent business to continue day after day without doing anything?
I am also filing a complaint with the New York State Attorney Generals Office. Thank you very much for your time.

Gerald
Center Moriches, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2009 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Brands-Appliance-Doug-And-Lori-Cass/Centereach-New-York-11720/All-Brands-Appliance-Doug-And-Lori-Cass-ripped-me-off-to-the-tune-of-70500-Centereach-407978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Brands Appliance - Doug And Lori Cass