Complaint Review: All City Towing

• Updated: Sat, June 29, 2013

• Reported By: RLAMPERS — San Tan Valley Arizona
All City Towing
2031 W. First Street Tempe, Arizona USA

All City Towing Fraud, Overcharge, Incompetent, Rude, Poor Service Tempe Arizona

*Author of original report: Situation Resolved

*Author of original report: Not quite.

*General Comment: ok....

I called for lock out services on 29 June 2013.  I was given a 45 minute ETA and that came and went.  No phone call updating me or anything.  Then after an hour had passed I called back and was given an additional 10 minute ETA.  So eventually the tow truck driver arrived in a flat bed tow truck.

The tow truck pulled up to me and verified I was the person that called.  Granted I was standing at the bed of my truck and I was the only Chevy pick-up in the parking lot so this did not take a great deal of reasoning.  The driver said he was going to park his truck, okay great.  So he does park his truck and he sits in it for another 10 minutes.

Finally, I am graced with the tow truck drivers presence.  The driver pulls out the green reach stick and the inflatable pillows and the wedges.  Well it looks like he's brought the right tools for the job! Better late than never... or so I thought.

The driver cannot get the door unlocked!  He tried pushing the unlock button and failed to get it to unlock, then he tried the door handle but had the door wedged in the wrong spot to get that accomplished.  The driver never tried to lift the lock!  So the driver decides he is going to come around and try the driver's side door since he is having no luck on the passenger side door.  It is a repeat of the same.  The driver then offers to call another driver with a slim jim.  What do you mean you do not have all your tools?

The driver finally decides to let me try to unlock my own door.  I grab the go reach and pull my key fob over and flip it. I hit the unlock button and wouldn't you know it but the door unlocks!  Wow! I have never been to tow truck school but I got the job done.

Now it's been almost two hours since I first called!  So what do I get for all of this wonderful, fast, and professional service?  A BILL!!! $105 to unlock my own door and train THEIR staff.

To say I was/am upset is the least of it.  I called back and talked to "Jose" who is in my estimation a blithering baffoon.  Jose tells me basically that so what we missed your ETA it was an estimate even though it was almost double what I was told.  So what our driver is incompetent and you had to do their job.  So what we charged you $105 we should have charged you $200 so be happy.

I asked for a manager and got the run around but was finally told that he would leave a message and that the managers would get back to me on THEIR time, maybe.  Then Jose would not give me a name.  Finally he gives me the name of Nick who is usually in between 8 and 5 Monday through Friday.

To quote from their website:

Transparency

Our service record and business practices are unparalleled and we are proud to share our successes, and failures, with our public partners. Through ongoing dialogue and by utilizing a continuous improvement methodology, All City Towing possesses an extensive and well-documented history of surpassing performance quality standards.

Raising The Bar

All City Towing is in the business of changing the way people think of the towing industry. Our fleet contains state-of-the-art equipment, which is able to tow or transport just about anything on the road. We make every effort to respond quickly and safely, while focusing on the safety of the motoring public. Each of our storage facilities has an inside waiting area for customers. We spare no expense when it comes to the safety of the vehicles for which we are responsible. Each yard possesses 24-hour surveillance cameras, high-density lighting and security fencing. These are just a few of the ways All City Towing strives to maintain its’ position as a leader in vehicle management solutions industry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-City-Towing/Tempe-Arizona-85281/All-City-Towing-Fraud-Overcharge-Incompetent-Rude-Poor-Service-Tempe-Arizona-1063042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All City Towing

Situation Resolved

AUTHOR: RPL1980 - ()

All City Towing's management is actually more professional than the driver or dispatcher that I had dealt with.  The Operations Manager called and issued a full refund on this transaction.  I received the check today.

Not quite.

AUTHOR: 28233 N. Desert Native St - ()

First rule of economics is that supply will meet demand and price will be created.  The price was $105 which is still higher than a door unlock service for my area generally.

Then when you send someone out to perform the service they should be competent.  The driver was not capable to pull the door handle because he does not know how position the go reach.  The driver also did not attempt to pull the lock latch.  Any experienced tow truck driver would have figured the key fob out on their own.

Lastly I did not call a locksmith.  I called a tow truck.  A locksmith wouldn't have had me do their job for them and still expect to get paid.

#3 General Comment

ok....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

I have read your post and all I can see is someone who is mad because he had to pay. Well lets educate you a bit shall we. A locksmith at that time of night would have costs you a hundred bucks easily. The driver had no idea that your key fob had such an easy access. A slimjim is NO LONGER a mandatory tool as most cars have electronic locking systems. As for you "finally being graced by the drivers presence", you do realize that the driver is at work and as such has work product he has to take care of on each stop. No you didnt know that. You just think towtruck drivers are some surly jackass covered in grease.

You have a over inflated sense of your own importance. You OBVIOUSLY treat ppl you believe to be lower then you in life less then they deserve. The tow dispatcher gives you a ESTIMATED TIME of when you will see the driver and your get bent out of shape. Im willing to bet that if we got the tow truck drivers version of the events it would show you to have been an impatient ass who did nothing but hover and critique the drivers work. Im betting you didnt even give the driver a dollar tip.

No one except a HIGHLY trained therapist is going to be able to help you with your personal issues. Just be lucky they didnt charge you $200+ because thats what it costs.