Complaint Review: All Coast auto transport

• Submitted: Mon, September 12, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: jesse — Dupont Washington United States of America
All Coast auto transport

All Coast auto transport Not sure they ever showed up, never contacted me, kept my deposit, lied Internet, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Great Story but far from the truth.

This company lied and took my money. I had never shipped a vehicle before. I gave All Coast 200 dollars with the understanding that they would contact a driver in order to show up on a certain date, plus or minus one day. They never showed up, and my POC who was holding my car had to leave the state for a couple days. (My friend left the state the evening of the 3rd, after waiting on the 31st through the time she left state)
My friend never received a call. All Coast claimed that their driver showed up and couldn't contact anyone and left, 2 days before my friend left town!! There have never been issues contacting my friend, and the company I ended up using had no problem contacting her.

This is my first vehicle shipment, they do this for a living. They know the legalities, I do not. What I do know is that they will claimed they tried calling, they didn't. (Why didn't they call me if she wasn't available? Why didn't the other company have a problem contacting her?) They have claimed that I only gave them 1 day to arrive, I gave them 3 and my friend actually left town on the 4th.

I have reported them to BBB and tried to get my deposit back, to no avail. They know the legal issues and will probably keep my deposit. This company took advantage of my trust, they seemed nice and eventually lied, and they covered their bases so that I can't get my money back.

I am in the military and I was moving to ship my vehicle to my new duty station. This company kept my money with no services rendered and then lied about it. Do not believe their website or their very friendly phone conversations, they are liars and will focus only on your money, not on you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Coast-auto-transport/internet/All-Coast-auto-transport-Not-sure-they-ever-showed-up-never-contacted-me-kept-my-deposi-775826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Coast auto transport

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Great Story but far from the truth.

AUTHOR: All Coast Auto Transport - (United States of America)

This customer's claim is false. We contacted the customer when his order was dispatched to a driver. The driver then drove hundreds of miles to pick up his vehicle. The driver made many atempts to contact the pick-up person who is listed as his girlfriend. The driver requested our assistance in making contact. The person could not be reached and the mail box was full on her voice mail. The driver was patient enough to wait 3 hours at the pick-up location. When he finally reached the pick-up person, she stated she was out of state and would not be at the pick-up location for 3 days. She also claimed the customer was well aware of this fact. This customer has no regard for this driver who wasted his fuel, time and ended up with an empty load. At any time, this custmer could have had the decency to contact us to delay this transport.