Complaint Review: All Computer Resources

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Ron — Bowie Maryland United States of America
All Computer Resources
12219 SW 129 Court Miami, Florida United States of America

All Computer Resources Defective merchandise twice. Unwilling to refund Miami, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Setting the record straight

I purchased a remanufactered ECU from this company. It was defective. I called them and they shipped me another ECU a week later. It was also defective. At this point I have had the customers car for almost two weeks. I bought a used ECU at a local wrecking yard and it worked. After doing so I called customer service at this company and they refused to refund my money. I have since disputed the charge with my credit card company (which the gentlemen at the company told me I was free to do since he was not going to refund my money). I have been a certified master technician for over thirty years and I have never been treated as poorly as I was with this company. For obvious reasons I will never use them again and would advise anybody looking to purchase a remanufatured automotive computer to find another company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2011 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Computer-Resources/Miami-Florida-33186/All-Computer-Resources-Defective-merchandise-twice-Unwilling-to-refund-Miami-Florida-812288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Computer Resources

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Setting the record straight

Hello readers!

I would first like to say that we strive to offer all of our customers a quality part for a low price with exceptional service. We have over 50,000 satisfied customers and I understand that there will be times where a customer is not satisfied. We will do our best to make every effort possible to remedy any situation such as this one. I could not find the exact transaction for the
above complaint but I can offer the experience of dealing with these components for over 10 years.

A PCM will rarely fail on its own, there is usually a cause to the failure.

Sometimes a short in the wire harness, a shorting alternator, a bad coil and so on. We try to be very clear that a proper diagnoses must be performed prior to replacing the PCM. Our units are all rebuilt in house, bench tested, programmed
and tested on running vehicles. I can assure you that all of our computers follow these strict guidelines without exception. I do see many units we send come back damaged by the customer's vehicle. Although, it is not our responsibility to correct the damages or send a free replacement, we have done so to assist in helping our customers.

I will not say that 100% of our computers leave our facility in working order.

We are still human and I understand that certainly things do happen. I take full responsibility for any craftsmanship errors on our end. However, if damage to the PCM is caused by the vehicle we cannot not be held responsible. This is where we are faced with a dilemma. A mechanic is diagnosing the PCM as faulty and it very well could be caused by some type of issue in the vehicle.

We never take advantage of our customers, if we feel that there is even a remote chance that the part has malfunctioned as a result of our rebuild, we will offer a refund or a replacement timely.

Ryan Decker