Complaint Review: All Insurance Companies

• Submitted: Thu, April 17, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, April 17, 2003

• Reported By:Zanesville OH
All Insurance Companies
Everywhere In The US Nationwide U.S.A.

All Insurance Companies Looking for Loopholes Nationwide

For all of you that have written to complain about your insurance company, I have something to share.

I spent about a year working as a claims rep. for one particular insurance company (which will remain nameless as we parted on bad terms), and I thought I would let all of you know that ALL insurance companies look for loopholes in your policy that will enable them to deny payment of some sort. It doesn't matter WHO you are insured with.

For those of you who are employees and feel the need to defend your particular company....don't. I was one of you once and went to any and all lengths to defend the company I worked for because we all knew that we would get commissions (even though we were claim reps) for any person that bought a policy with us and that we had recommended.

The insurance industry is a "necessary evil." If you don't have insurance, you get screwed. If you have insurance, you get screwed. Who screws you depends on which side of the fence you fall on.

Yes, there are state insurance commissions that act as watchdogs for the insurance industry, but they seem ineffective. Sorry, but I thought all of you should know. The only advice I can give is to not get a ticket, have an accident, or let your house catch fire!

Ex-Claims Rep.
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2003 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Insurance-Companies/nationwide/All-Insurance-Companies-Looking-for-Loopholes-Nationwide-53305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Insurance Companies