Complaint Review: All M Sons Moving

• Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: Jack — JACKSONVILLE Florida United States of America
All M Sons Moving
6805 Stuart Lane South Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

All M Sons Moving, Jacksonville Classic Bait and Switch Con Men Jacksonville, Florida

Upon calling the phone number listed on the website, I listened to canned music for 3 minutes before a male human being answered. He told me that 3 men would arrive the next day to unload my uhaul truck. Travel time and the first two hours would cost $139 plus tax. If the unloading exceeded the first two hours, then the rate would be $139 per hour thereafter.
Three cordial workers arrived 15 minutes past the agreed start time with a huge moving van. I told them i just wanted workers without anything else. The leader told me they like using thier own equipment but would not charge extra for it. Two men started working immediately while the leader filled out paperwork. He handed me an invoice that did not have a total amount on it. When I asked him to confirm the quote given to me over the phone, he said they have a three hour minimum, one of which is travel time. He said they will not take more than two hours to unload the truck, so the total amount would be $417.00. When I told him the phone quote was only $139 for the first two hours onsite, he called his office and handed me his phone. I spoke to a very rude person who said the person who spoke with me a day earlier was not in yet. Meanwhile the other two workers succeeded in unloading the truck in the first hour. The manager said that his phone salesman implied that the first two hours would be $139/hr plus another $139 for travel time or $417 including tax.
I refused to pay him that amount but reluctantly agreed to pay for two hours at $139/hr or $290.46.
When they demanded my credit card number, I asked that this amount be confirmed. the leader assured me that it would only be $290.46. While they waited outside my home I created a Visa ShopSafe card number for that amount only. They ran the card for a higher amount only to discover the higher amount was not approved. When they asked me for a different card number, I asked them to run the card amount for exactly $290.46. It was approved for the agreed amount, so they left my property. As they were leaving, one of the workers told me they were only getting $8/hr.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 07:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-M-Sons-Moving/Jacksonville-Florida-32254/All-M-Sons-Moving-Jacksonville-Classic-Bait-and-Switch-Con-Men-Jacksonville-Florida-914844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All M Sons Moving