Complaint Review: All Mobile Alerts

• Submitted: Wed, January 20, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Jeff — yucaipa California USA
All Mobile Alerts

All Mobile Alerts Gamestop Sent me multiple text messages without permission, after which I searched the internet and found they change a monthly fee, Internet

I received multiple text messages from this company using number 72078  for a service I did not subscribe to. After which I performed an internet search to find other people reporting the same problem and that they were billed for the text messages varying from $9.99 to $12.99  some per text, others per month. On the page I had found of these complaints, one had said that Gamestop had sold the information to this company after making a purchase from them. I recently received a gift card for Christmas for Gamestop which I used to purchase a new game, then out of the blue I start receiving these texts.  I don't know if they are connected, but it sure seems like it. I have yet to contact my phone service to dispute the texts because they are closed right now, but will do so in the morning. Hopefully they will prevent these texts from coming in and also reverse any charges they may have charged me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 03:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Mobile-Alerts/internet/All-Mobile-Alerts-Gamestop-Sent-me-multiple-text-messages-without-permission-after-which-557151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Mobile Alerts