Complaint Review: All Over United Moving and Storage

• Submitted: Thu, March 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 15, 2011

• Reported By: RIPPED OFF, Lied To, and Called nam — Tampa Florida United States of America
All Over United Moving and Storage
3136 JohnP. Curci Dr. Bay 5 Pembrooke Pines, FL. 3 Pembrooke Pines, Florida United States of America

All Over United Moving and Storage All over moving Ripped Off, Lied to, Cussed at, and called every name in the book Pembrooke Pines, Florida

*General Comment: AGREED!

*General Comment: This company put us through HELL

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Who are you?

All Over united Moving and Storage is the biggest rip off moving company I have ever dealt with. They raised my quote over 100% of what was quoted and I didn't even ship everything that was on the quote. If you are moving and are in Florida Do Not use this company.

It started off with a quote from this liars! The quote didn't sound good so I let them know I was going to go with a different company, this is when the lies started. They said they would quote me by weight instead of space, so I let them know I would use their services. The movers were supposed to be at my place on Thursday, they call Tuesday night saying they needed to come on Wednesday, and for the bump in pick up they would help pack and throw in a couple boxes. I was told they were going to be at my place at 2:30. They didnt show until 5:30, and I never received a call.

When the movers got there they knew nothing about the quote, about the extra boxes and the packing. They movers also told me that it was going to cost an additional 1000.00 dollars, now my quote was for 1025.00! So with how is a quote off 100%? You tell me. And get this, I didn't ship everything that was on the quote!

I emailed the office and didn't receive a call until 3 days later. No one could tell me anything. I spoke to the so-called manager and he said he would call me back. I didn't get a call back for 3 days so I called back. He instantly got angry with me, and said it was my fault. I asked him if I didn't pack everything on the quote how could it be off that much. NO Answer! I asked to speak to the owner of the company as I knew it was a small company. He lied to me and said she was out of the country. He called me every name in the book and hung up on me multiple times. I filled a BBB complaint, and the so-called manager didn't care and told me to do it.

After I filed the complaint the owners husband called me and offered no way to fix my issues. 3 weeks later I still don't have my items! I finally heard from the driver of the truck and he wanted to deliver my items at 9:00PM!

Do Not Use this company if you want a professional move! They will lie, call you all the names under the sun, and Rip You Off!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2011 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Over-United-Moving-and-Storage/Pembrooke-Pines-Florida-/All-Over-United-Moving-and-Storage-All-over-moving-Ripped-Off-Lied-to-Cussed-at-and-cal-709845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Over United Moving and Storage

#1 General Comment

AGREED!

AUTHOR: geebeedeed - ()

These guys are snake oil salesmen. They give used car dealers a GOOD name. They start to load your belongings and then tell, you part of the way thru the move, that its going to cost more to move you. They are worse than airport baggage handlers. Then they hit you up again when they are unloading your property at your new address.  They lose your stuff then lie about it ever being in their possession. They are the most unprofessional group of clowns I have ever had the misfortune to have conducted business with. If you select these idiots to move you, you might as well take an ax to your property because they will totally trash it and charge you thru the nose while doing it. Don't say you haven't been warned. This company is run by crooks and clowns.  Both of which should scare you.

#2 General Comment

This company put us through HELL

AUTHOR: Dustie - (United States of America)

I spent HOURS itemizing my list of items (bin sizes, furniture, bag, box, and odd thing like air purifier). I sent multiple emails
to my "representative". These emails had my itemize lists and were confirmed by her. Everything was set, signed and ready for pick up day (hours confirmed 8 -10:30 the truck will be there and ready to go).

Pick up day: I'm up at 6:30 take care of last minute things. I get my 2 year old up, quickly strip the beds, and get dressed. 10am rolls around so I call the driver (number given to me 24 hours before. The driver said I will be there in 15 minutes (I could barely understand him. He had a VERY thick Israeli accent). A half an hour goes by so I called back. He now is
2 hours away...WHAT...FINE 12pm isn't that bad. I wait...12:30 rolls around no call no driver. I call again. He will be there around 2pm & he is on his way now. WHAT THE HELL...they are either really stupid and have no sense of direction or they are jerking me around. At this point I'm mad that I have a hungry baby on my hands and nothing nutritious to feed her because we were supposed to be on the road by now. 1:30 rolls around so I call the driver again. His response is I'm not sure the truck broke down so we have to get it fixed can we come tomorrow instead? (FIRST LIE) I won't have any
electric or anything to sleep on with my BABY. They have to come today. I call the office to see what was going on. They tell me the same thing and ask if they can come tomorrow. NO they can't it has to be today I also have to turn in the keys.

They finally show up at 6:30PM, it is now poring down rain instead of sprinkling. The driver demands that I sit down at my table so he can proceed to demean me with his VAST knowledge of cubic feet calculation (lines on his rinky-dink white no name truck). Who they heck are you guys and why isn't the big semi that I was told would be here not here? Oh well the driver couldn't get in the complex (SECOND LIE). So they have to use this small truck to transport my stuff to the Semi truck at another location down the street.

They had 4 guys working away wrapping my furniture and so on. It is now 8:30pm and we get to the end and the driver says "your stuff is oversize and you had extra items" I proceeded to show him my itemized list and how I had meticulously
accounted for every item down to bin size.  NOPE...he Yelled at me and took me outside to show me the lines on the
truck and to see inside of the dark, not completely loaded, nor packed tight area. My things were just loosely packed in there within moving blankets. What could I do they still had to move my items to yet another truck and could completely destroy everything in the rain and all the items in the bins...they didn't pack them they don't care. I was at his mercy; had no leverage and that driver knew it. The check...he says OK it's not the $2210 that was quoted to you it is now $3700 and he needs cash of $3000 now or he's not moving my stuff... WHAT NO WAY, so I proceeded to show him the contract where it says cash, personal check, money order or 2%fee for credit card. He agrees to accept a personal check for $3000 made payable to the company. THEN he had the nerve to ask for a tip. I was pissed at this point but what was I to do. I had to get out, get my fussy 2 year old baby into the car and comfortable for the drive and by now it was 9pm and still raining cats
and dogs. Ok they said I would have my things on Monday (after I pleaded with them and the office that the third day was MONDAY not SUNDAY and that I was scheduled to move into my new apartment at 12pm on Monday.

We stop at a gas station and fill up for the long drive to Virginia. I see the large truck and the truck with my belongings in the Kmart parking lot across from the gas station. I start to feel a little better that there is actually a semi truck there. We get on the road and head north.

About 1 hour goes by and the driver calls me on the road. He proceeds to tell me in a sing song voice..."We have a problem...the check wasn't payable to cash, we will need to meet somewhere and exchange checks". (RED FLAG and LIE Number Three).  I proceeded to tell him that he confirmed to make the check payable to the company and that under no circumstances would I make a check payable to cash. Besides I was an hour away driving in the poring rain with a very tired
and cranky two year old baby in the car and I was exhausted.

Monday at 12pm I filled out the paperwork at the apartment. The NEW driver that they outsourced to would be there by 2pm that day. They cycle commences. For the next 4 days I spent driving back and forth to my new apartment and my parents house (2 hours each way) with the hopes that the driver and the poor office staff who kept making promises
swearing that they would be there that day. Only to be left spending more money on gas.

I finally get my belongings on Friday; let me stress...EVERY PIECE OF FURNITURE HAS A SCRATCH, DING, and OR HUGE CHUNK OF WOOD MISSING. I have spent countless hours on the phone with various office staff, two drivers, and the owner of the outsourced truck company. The management of United Moving and Storage will not help me with the fraudulent space increase (we even have pictures). My father smelled Pot when he was looking in the truck at pick up
and overheard the driver talk about picking up mules. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY...YOU WILL BE SORRY!

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Who are you?

AUTHOR: Michael D. - (United States of America)

This posting seems obviously fake to me. The misspellings and lack of specifics make it impossible to address or verify if it is a true complaint. My guess is its some small dinky company slandering us in order to gain market share. Really pitiful. We are accredited , members of Amsa and have a fleet of registered trucks with all of our insurance active. The same cant be said for 90% of the moving companies. Do your homework and check regulated web sites for more accurate information that has been verified pertaining to a moving companies credentials to execute your move. I. E. www.moving.org www.safersys.org .