Complaint Review: All Seasons Contracting

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Hazelwood Missouri United States of America
All Seasons Contracting
#9C The Pines Court St Louis, Missouri United States of America

All Seasons Contracting No Shows when it comes to doing the work St Louis, Missouri

I also made the mistake of entering into an agreement with All Seasons Contracting for damages received in April 2012 hail storm.  A friend/neighbor had them inspect their roof and referred them to me.
Prior to inspecting my roof they made me sign an agreement that stating if there were damages covered by insurance they would perform the work.  There was damage and my insurance company issued a partial payment.  All Seasons required this payment be signed over to them as a down payment for the work, that the work could not be scheduled with out it.  So on 6/14/12 a representative from the company stopped by my house to pick up the check.  That was the last I heard from them until the beginning of Oct.
The beginning of Oct I received a call stating the work would be down the week of Nov 19.  The weekend prior to Nov 19, I received a letter stating 'Due to the date that your scope and down payment were received by our office, we are going to be unable to produce your job within this year due to past and coming weather'. The letter also stated the job status and placement of where
you are in line is based on when your scope and check were received.  No phone call stating a scheduling change, just this 'nice' letter.
I did contact the company the week of Nov 19 and stated since they were not doing the work when they said they would I wanted my deposit back.  I was told if I wanted to cancel, it would cost me 25% of the total bill.  I'm not going to reward a company financially for not performing work, especially one that appears to be as mismanaged as this one.  I also find it hard to believe that all the work done in the last 5 months is work written previous to 6/14/12.   If in June this company had enough work to keep them busy for the rest of the year they should have shared this information.
I think 5 months is more than enough time to give a company to perform work.  I realize there was a lot of damage from the April storm but all my neighbors seem to have gotten their roofs done without any problems, even during the hot spell roofs were being done.  I don't feel this company has lived up to their end of the agreement and regret doing business with them.  I would not recommend them to anyone.  Hopefully this will help someone avoid being ripped off....because when I discussed this with a reputable roofing company that's what's what they said....I had been ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Seasons-Contracting/St-Louis-Missouri-63141/All-Seasons-Contracting-No-Shows-when-it-comes-to-doing-the-work-St-Louis-Missouri-974351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Seasons Contracting