mystery

• Submitted: Wed, April 24, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: shawny — Baltimore Maryland
All Star Appliance Repair

All Star Appliance Repair Unreliable; Very responsive in scheduling an appointment for repairing an oven door but didn't show up three times without calling. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Apologize

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Was resolved

When I first placed a call for service on my oven for repair, the co. was very responsive and scheduled a service call within 2 days.  During the time the tech was due to arrive I was called to say he was running late on his current job and he couldn't make it.

We rescheduled to the next day between specific hours.  Toward the end of that next time frame I called when he hadn't arrived yet and he asked to call be back because he was in the house doing a job and couldn't talk to me in that house while on the job.  I thought it was a bit odd.  He didn't call me back at all.

I called the next day and they set me up with another time.  Again, the tech was not arriving and I called.  The man that answered said he'd get back to me.  No call back.  I called again toward the end of the 3 hour time frame and he sounded surprised asking, "The tech's not there yet?"  No one arrived again.

I gave up and never called again.  They never called me back either to explain why they never showed or to reschedule.  They never showed any interest at all.  I found it very odd and not at all service-oriented.  I would never consider using them again.

What was odd however, was that during every phone conversation the person seemed genuinely friendly and service-oriented.  Their quote was very reasonable but they in fact, did nothing in the end!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Star-Appliance-Repair/internet/All-Star-Appliance-Repair-Unreliable-Very-responsive-in-scheduling-an-appointment-for-re-1046018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Star Appliance Repair

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Apologize

AUTHOR: Allstarrepairs - ()

Although we take all our repairs serious sometimes we do mess up. We want to apologize for the scheduling issue. We did not take any of your money not even a deposit. It was wrong of us not to follow up however and hope everything with your oven is fine.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Was resolved

AUTHOR: Allstarrepairs - ()

The customer has been paid back for the repair. This was resolved the next day after speaking to the customer. This is not completely true and All-Star will stand by their work.