Complaint Review: All Star Marketing-Kirby

• Updated: Fri, June 28, 2013

• Reported By: Slois — Pacifica California
All Star Marketing-Kirby
43158 Christy St.Freemont, Ca Fremont, California USA

All Star Marketing-Kirby Scam;use of children;fraud; unprofessional Fremont California

*Consumer Suggestion: File a complaint

*Author of original report: All Star Marketing.com/revised version

*Author of original report: second review for All Star Marketing

Do NOT fall for thhis scam! They are sellers, door to door but wait until management is off property to go door to door. They abuse children promisung money, vacation, etc. Pure fraud!

They came to my door at 6:30 asking if they can just show Kirby vacuums and begged, saying it was a contest. I allowed them in only to be tied up for 4 hours and just finally signed the damn thing to get rid of them.

Then 2 "supervisors" come in and run a credit check ...great, another ding on my credit. There is a 3 day cancellation policy that is totally BOGUS as they do NOT answer phones.

I finally went to Post Office to deliver cancellation notice over night. I was a teacher for 35 years and you DON'T sell dreams to young kids that think they will get paid or a vacation.

I called the number 10 times today...NO one answered. Guess that's how they get you for the cancellation.

They offer Kirby's at $3,295 that retail for $1300. If anyone would like to pursue taking them to court, I will file for fraud and child labor laws.

People like this, make me SICK ! They are breaking many laws...especially selling pipe dreams to kids. I will never buy a Kirby again. Kirby should be notified !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Star-Marketing-Kirby/Fremont-California-94538/All-Star-Marketing-Kirby-Scamuse-of-childrenfraud-unprofessional-Fremont-California-1062971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Star Marketing-Kirby

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a complaint

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

Kirby’s website says: Kirby Salespeople observe the highest standards of character, honesty and integrity. They abide by the Direct Selling Association’s Code of Ethics.

I went to the Direct Selling Association’s website & Kirby is a member. You can file a complaint against All Star Marketing because Kirby is a member. http://dsa.org/ethics/complaint/

All Star Marketing.com/revised version

AUTHOR: Slois - ()

Today the owner finally called telling me why no one answered the phone. We all have emergencies in our lives but a business should have a back up way to communicate. The owner advised me that no minors were involved and since I can't retract my original report, I am trying to oblige.

Telling me I was going to be sued for fraud, I am gracefully bowing out of this whole mess. I therfore retract they use kids, are fraudulent in business practice. I still would not buy from this company as I don't like being threatened under the 1st ammendment of "free speech". It's your choice to buy a vacuum for over 3,000 plus.

I am just a person that can't say "NO" and give the benefit of whoever I am dealing with.

I am still trying to get this cancelled without hurting the people they employe. I was told by the owner , no problem, but again was made to feel guilty of hurting a young person's expectations.

I hope this helps to clarify, that they do not use underage kids. I look forward to a resolution that doesn't entail going to court. Be your own person and decide whether this is something you really want. Kirby's are great vacuums, but after 4-5 hours here, I was exhausted after just moving in. Perhaps, bad timing. However, I will not let ANY person threaten me with going to court. I just want this to be over!

PS. Checked with management and this is private property, even a compplex, and it is not allowed.

second review for All Star Marketing

AUTHOR: Slois - ()

I filed a report against this company and the owner assured me that there are no underage kids working there. This whole thing could have been avoided if the owner had called back the same day. I understand things happen but someone should be at a company. I retract the words fraud and child abuse, per her request. I hope this ends an uncomfortable situation and threats.