Complaint Review: All Star Towing

• Updated: Sun, March 18, 2012

• Reported By: Dexter — DFW United States of America
All Star Towing
8035 E. RL Thornton Suite 230 Dallas, Texas United States of America

All Star Towing possibly: Southwest Towing Towed vehicle from legally parked spot at my apt complex shortly after I had paid for engine repairs . . . Claimed I was illegally parked because my stickers were out of date Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: You are probably wrong...

My newly purchased 'used' vehicle was towed from my apartment complex claiming I was illegally parked.  Reason stated in Box checked: "Out of Date Stickers."  I had recently recovered my new/used vehicle from the repair shop for electrical problems [it wouldn't start] I had planned to purchase stickers once I had paid for repairs and paid the rent.  I was strapped for funds . . Now the Towing company demands I pay $300 [+] to recover my vehicle . . but I won't have the funds until next pay day . . . 2 weeks of $20/day 'storage' . . . .  will raise the price to over $500.  It is NOT the job of a towing company to enforce state sticker codes . . . It is, in fact, extortion. A law suit against the apartment complex, reality company who contracted with Allstar Towing, the towing company, &  storage facility will be filed. I will be contacting police to file charges of theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Star-Towing/Dallas-Texas-75228/All-Star-Towing-possibly-Southwest-Towing-Towed-vehicle-from-legally-parked-spot-at-my-ap-855550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Star Towing

You are probably wrong...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There are many towing complaints..mainly from people who say that they were not parked illegally or had the proper permits.  So I give you credit for admitting that you did not have valid stickers.

Now, I don't know if by stickers you mean a valid vehicle registration or a valid parking permit for your complex.  Either way they were probably correct in the tow.

Your financial situation or why you don't have a valid sticker does not matter.   Most likely your complex has a policy of only allowing "properly registered" vehicles with a permit to park.  If that is the case then the tow is valid.

You can go to the police..but the only thing they will tell you is that it is a civil matter.  Unless you can prove that they broke a specific towing regulation....not just what you think, you can try to file suit but your money might be better spent getting the correct sticker.