Complaint Review: All State USA Movers

• Submitted: Thu, July 18, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, July 18, 2002

• Reported By:Gibsonia PA
All State USA Movers
Hallandale, Florida Hallandale, Florida U.S.A.

All State USA Movers, All State Van Lines, Morgan Van Lines Frightening, ripoff swindler, victimized many consumers and corruption Hallandale Florida

*0: Situation Settled with All State USA, Inc. to My Satisfaction

We are in the process of selling our house, so I started calling for a mover in May, 2002 to set up a tentative move. I called All State USA and talked to Dawn Jordan (1-800-471-5468). She sounded very pleasant and told me that they could do a great job for us at the cost of $600.00.

She wanted to know a tentative date, so she put in July 1st, 2002. She also put on the paper work that this date was "VERY" tentative, as we had not sold our house yet.

She faxed me over all of the information, and asked for a deposit of $300, which I told her that I would only give $200, and she agreed. Thank God.

On the paperwork, there was NO ADDRESS at all for the company.

On the night on June 30th, 2002, the night before the listed move date on July 1st, a truck driver called me at 10:00 at night saying that he was in the area and was ready to do our move.

What is really scary, is that there was no move to address yet! Also, we had not sold the house yet, and had not purchased another house! I told him that we were not moving, and he sais he would be happy to have the day off, and he also told me that I would loose the deposit. I told him that I would call Dawn in the morning to discuss with her.

15 minutes later, one of the owners called. His name was Jay. That is all he would say. I told him that we never set a date and that they should have contacted me ahead of time instead of just dispatching a driver and crew. jay became hostile, argumentative, and abusive over the phone. He scared me and threatened me that I would loose my deposit, and that it was my fault that they were going to loose money for sending a crew. This man sounded like a mob thug and will probably set up to vandalize my house or harm me and my family.

I was highly upset by the situation of verbal abuse, threatening, and being called at 10:00 at night.

The next day, I called Dawn, and she acted hostile. Not like the person that I talked to the first time at all.

I sent a fax for them to refund my money but they never replied.

I also tried to get my credit card company to stop payment on it, but they couldn't because this sneaky company put a note on the paper that I signed with my credit card number that says "no refunds after 48 hours."

I should have checked this company out better, but who would think a national mover could be like (or probably is) the MOB!

These people are terrible scam artists, as you will see if you read the other reports that are filed on this site. I am definitely not going to use them now. I read two other reports where this company gave a price and their thug drivers demanded three times more money from other customers. I am sure that is what they would do to us too. They know that once they have your goods, you will pay them what they want to have it delivered.

I am going to file with the BBB, see if I can get this story through the public media on TV shows like 20/20, and have this company pay for what they are doing to customers. I am also going to complain to the Attorney General and the Department of Transportation.

Lori
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2002 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-State-USA-Movers/Hallandale-Florida-32127/All-State-USA-Movers-All-State-Van-Lines-Morgan-Van-Lines-Frightening-ripoff-swindler-24848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All State USA Movers

#1 0

Situation Settled with All State USA, Inc. to My Satisfaction

AUTHOR: - ()

I talked to the owner Steve Ryder at All State USA, Inc. and he informs me that All State Van Lines is not a part of their company.

He was very understanding of the situation and apologized fully. He was out of town at the time of these incidents.

We made an agreement to terminate the contract and I was given compensation for my frustration and problems that occured.

I am printing this retraction in good faith that this issue has been resolved to my satisfaction, and I will no longer pursue further action.

Lori