Complaint Review: All State Van Lines Relocation

• Updated: Mon, July 07, 2014

• Reported By: Dr. Simona Sharoni — Plattsburgh New York
All State Van Lines Relocation
Nationwide USA

All State Van Lines Relocation Failure to transport my car from coast to coast as promised; Failure to provide information about the whereabouts of my household Nationwide

*Author of original report: Update on All State/Relo moving saga

I have two complaints: one involving transporting a car and the other a house move. In mid-April after I began to explore a coast to coast move and compared prices online,  I was bombarded with emails and phone calls. Most included warnings about other companies that would rip you off. Danny Steiner with All State was different. He was polite and seemed trustworthy. He followed up with me, wasn't pushy compared to others, and gave me a quote that was lower than others for shipping both my car and my house. I paid a 40% deposit on the house move and $100 for the car move and got delivery windows for both. AT NO POINT WAS I TOLD THAT ALL STATE IS A BROKER AND THAT THEY PUT OUT A BID FOR COMPANIES ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

As my delivery date approached, I began to question the company and the integrity of its employees. For starters, they were impossible to reach and kept using the delivery window, even the day before the scheduled pick up. Then they transferred responsibility to the so-called "agent" who was contracted to do the move, saying they would get back to me when they hear from him. A day after my delivery date at 8:30 PM, someone finally showed up to load my stuff. To my surprise, they showed up in a small moving truck to load my household and head to do another.

This is the first time I learned that my stuff will be taken to a storage place until they have enough households destined for the Pacific Northwest. The guys who loaded my stuff were nice, working for a small company Green World Movers. I began to regret not working directly with them until they disappeared with my goods. I was promised a call from All State the following Monday June 30th with the lightweight of my load. After calling every day and insisting to speak with a supervisor I finally got the information promised to me today, July 5th without an invoice and with no delivery date. When I insisted on finding out the location of my goods I was told they are in a "secured location." I find this outrageous.

Almost two weeks after my house contents were loaded on a truck, I have NO idea where my belongings are and when I will see them. All State representatives admitted that they have had a hard time obtaining that information from World Green Movers, the smaller company that they hired to complete the move.

Regarding my car move, when I couldn’t receive any information about who and when will follow through on my car transportation by the end of the pick up window, I cancelled my reservation, made other arrangements to transport my car from coast to coast and requested a refund. Needless to say, it would have been less stressful to do not have to handle this at the last minute.

I regret using this company. I would have paid a higher price to save myself the anxiety and aggrivation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2014 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-State-Van-Lines-Relocation/nationwide/All-State-Van-Lines-Relocation-Failure-to-transport-my-car-from-coast-to-coast-as-promise-1159720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All State Van Lines Relocation

Update on All State/Relo moving saga

AUTHOR: Dr. Simona Sharoni - ()

It took me 2 weeks to find out the address of the "secured location" my household goods were taken to -- the 3rd floor of a storage facility in the Bronx. The unit was under a person's name with no reference to the company.

All State representatives admitted that they have had a hard time obtaining that information from World Green Movers, the smaller company that they hired to complete the move.  They kept asking me to be paitent but it became clear that there had no plans to deliver my items. I then decided to rent a truck and hire someone to locate my household belongings and load them ona truck before they get sold or lost. It was only after I threatened to involve the police that I got the company hired by All State to agree to open the storage unit and help load my itmes back on teh truck.

I then tried to negotiate with All State to get my deposit back. They agreed to do so but under the condition that I consider it a settlement and promise not to file any complaints against them. I refused to sign teh settlement form because I feel strongly that others should be warned. They did give me my deposit back but consider it a settlement.

I find All State's response appalling. I had incurred at least $1000 in additional costs due to the fact that I had to hire people to complete both my car transport and the delivery of my household goods. The excuse of high peak moving season is pathetic since I paid my deposits in April. All State held about $1500.00 of my money for two months but failed to secure my moves. It took me weeks and a threat of calling the police to locate my household good in a storage facility in the Bronx. They were placed in a third floor unit under someone's private name, not a company name. As a result, I am missing a top of the line queen size mattress and have 6 damaged items. In their response All State makes it appear as if they offered me my deposit back. The truth is that I had to demand it and that they tried to pressure me to consider that a settlement, therefore promising to withdraw my complaint and not file any additional complaints in the future.
I don't consider them giving me back my deposit a settlement. This ordeal consumed my life for the best part of July 2014. In addition to costing me additional $1000 (I have receipts to prove this), I spend an average of an hour a day, trying to locate my goods and figure out a way to get them to me. I was lucky to find people to transport both my car and my household goods but I know that others who had to deal with this company were not this fortunate.
I will continue to demand to be compensated for my lost and damaged items as well as the additional expenses that I incurred because of All State's failure to deliver my goods.

I hope that you will not hire this company and if you do and have an unsatisfying experience that you will fight them and hold them accountable for their dubious business practices.