Complaint Review: All States Van Lines, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Ann — Toronto Ontario Canada
All States Van Lines, LLC

All States Van Lines, LLC Orbit International Moving Logistics LTD. Fraud! Be aware! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customs issues

Hired all States Van Lines to ship my furniture and belongings from Rahway, NJ to Toronto, Ontario.  They underquoted me and when they came to pick up my furniture was going to charge me almost $900 more to move my bedroom furniture so I had to leave my bedroom furniture behind.
What they did not tell me is that they are actually not international movers and can not cross the border with their trucks.  They gave my freight to another company called ORBIT to take it across the border.

I was unware that they were going to do this. The name of the man I was speaking to at All States Van Lines was Michael  he also has a partner that works there named Alex.

2-3 weeks after picking up my freight I was surprised to get a call from a man named Matthew who works at Orbit.  He was saying that they got held up at the border when crossing to Canada and they were going to charge me $590 more.

They were not truthful and kept changing their story. First they said that the truck randomly got pulled over at the border and their driver had to wait 10 hours, then they changed their story and said their driver did not want to wait so drove  home and came back 2 days later to pick up the freight and I had to pay for his driving up and down.

They did not tell me why they got pulled over, they said that there was other freight on the truck and I was sharing the cost with the other customer. I told them that I should not have to pay for customs delays since this was not my fault and my agreement with Allstates Van Lines did not state I had to pay extra for custom delays.  As a trucking company you have to know that at times your truck will be delayed, you can  not hold the customer responsible for this when they have already paid you the quoated amount (they also asked for full payment upon pick up!)

I called Michael at All States Van Lines and told him I had no idea that he was going to give my freight to someone else and that I was not going to pay a person that I did not hire anymore money.  Allstates Van Lines pretty much wiped their hands clean of our agreement and told me that since Orbit had my belongings I had to pay them what they wanted.
When I went to the customs office to clear my belongings the customs officer pretty much told me that they have heard negative things about ORBIT and that this was not the first time they have tried to get extra money from their customers.

I believe All States Van lines and Orbit work together to cheat their customers. All state Van Lines and Orbit in my opinion are dishonest and fraudulent companaies.  Their quoated price is cheaper than other companies for a reason, they know they will try and get more money out of you later, if I had to do it again, I would go with a more reputable company like United and pay a little  more and trust my belongings are in good hands.

Moving is already a stressful ordeal without having your belongings held hostage until you surrender more money.  I regret doing business with Allstate Van Lines, would never recommend their services or Orbit's services to anyone!

Ann,
Toronto, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-States-Van-Lines-LLC/internet/All-States-Van-Lines-LLC-Orbit-International-Moving-Logistics-LTD-Fraud-Be-aware-Inter-925181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All States Van Lines, LLC

Customs issues

AUTHOR: All States Van Lines - (United States of America)

There were Canadian customs issues with this shipment. Canada customs held up shipment at the border because they have decided to inspect this particular shipment. It rarely happens but customs xrays and inspections is beyond our

control. I know it is not a fault of a customer who's goods these are either, but we simply had no choice at
that point. We only charged a client for driver's time spent at customs while shipment was under exam.

When we have quoted, quote clearly stated that customs duties and exam (if any) is not included.  We did not underestimate, client has actually decided to take an additional goods besides what was quoted for, thinking if truck drives to Canada anyway, might as well fill it up with whatever they can. When we have advised that charge is per weight/volume, not just a flat price for a truck, she left some of the goods behind.

Also, we are in fact an International mover and fully licensed, insured and bonded carrier licensed by Federal
Maritime Commission. Orbit International Canada, is our agent in Canada that performs actual destination service, meaning delivering goods up to client's home, set's up all furniture etc...We do the rest.