Complaint Review: All Transmission World

• Submitted: Wed, September 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:celebration Florida
All Transmission World
2542 East Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway,192 St. Cloud, Florida U.S.A.

All Transmission World All Transmission World Scam! St. Cloud Florida

*Author of original report: Final Outcome From Buglover!

*Consumer Comment: Same place (All Transmission World in St. Cloud, Florida) is screwing me NOW!

*Consumer Suggestion: File complaint with the Attorney General

I have a 2003 VW,and after driving home from church this past Sunday(9/21/08)I had transmission problems...Thye car made it home,but I was afraid to drive it.
I have heard horror stories,and called a couple different places in St.Cloud the next day-no one was open Sunday.Every place I called offerred to pick up the car up and take a look at it-and they all kept calling back which made me a little nervous.

Completely stranded out in the country,two children and a husband away in military,I reluctantly agreed to have the car picked up,the manager Joe at All Transmission World ( 2542 East Highway 192 St.Cloud )had called me back four times,and promised to pick it up for free and even tow it back if I could not afford the repair. That sounded fair,so he sent a tow out to pick it up within 20 minutes.

He called me back 20 minutes later, and said it would cost $395 to take a look,but he would apply it towards the repair.I really can't afford it,but without a car,I had no choice. I could not get a hold of my husband,he is out in the field training soldiers at Fort Bragg North Carolina(He returned from Iraq last fall, and is on active duty) Joe at All Transmission called me approximately two hours later and said that it will cost $4,000. to repair,the lowest of his three prices he quotes,no warranty. I told him I could not afford it, and could he please tow it back as he promised. I should never have trusted this company.

he says that it was $395 to take it apart,and he will have to charge me to put it back together. I said I would have to pay the $395 and have it returned,and he is refusing to release it to me even after I said that I would pay the $395.He said now I owe him for the tow,and labor to put it back together ($95 per hour)and he doesn't know how long it would take to put it back together. I said just leave it dissassembled, I called a tow company and they will pick it up, assembled or not, but he says that it is completely dissassembled,and he will not release it.

Please,I am completely stranded,and will lose my job if I miss any more days of work,I do not know what to do. What a mess!

Bugloverfl
celebration, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2008 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Transmission-World/St-Cloud-Florida-34769/All-Transmission-World-All-Transmission-World-Scam-St-Cloud-Florida-375653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Transmission World

Final Outcome From Buglover!

AUTHOR: Bugloverfl - (U.S.A.)

I wish I would have read this sooner!
Contact a car rental company,and prepare to have your car towed home.
I am so sorry to hear about your trouble with this company,your best bet may be just getting a new truck-you may have to shell out a thousand or two,either way.The new car market is down and it is possible that you may get a good deal,with a safer truck for you and your family!
Here is how I escaped from A.T.W...
I contacted the department of Agriculture-they regulate Auto Repair- and they have a very informative website on the laws governing repair shops,and I read them and printed them off.
I called Joe and explained to him that he needed to return my vehicle into it's original condition. Once he realized that I had all the laws in hand,he suddenly was a completely different character.
I had not been told of any other charges-the additional money to put the transmission back after he had dissassembled it-so he was not legally able to charge for this.He had no choice but to comply,although he was not in a hurry-it must be done in a reasonable amount of time.I told him that I had contacted the Sheriff's department,and if this was not done immediately I would have an officer meet me at the shop.Apparently,this happens all of the time and the Sheriff's Department is very familiar with this company.
My car eventually did get fixed,I should have just gone straight to the dealer and traded it in,but that's another story.
Good luck to you and your family,and make sure you check Ripoff Reports before you shop anywhere else,I wish I would have!
Thanks!!

AUTHOR: Bohica - (U.S.A.)

I am NOT filing a rebuttal. For some reason, the "File A Report" will not work. Here's my story. It sound VERy similar to the original poster. To the original poster with the VW vehicle, what finally happened with you and your vehicle?

P0732 (GEAR RATIO)

I took my truck to (((Redacted))) in St. Cloud, FLorida. This tranny shop said the same error code. Then he offered to remove pan and inspect for free. So I accepted. The pics of the tranny pan are here:
(((Redacted)))

After removal of the pan, he said it didn't look too bad and it may be only the 3rd gear band, bla bla bla. So I left it with them to pull the tranny. Then I got the call. And the whopping bill (PDF) attached. WTF can I do now?

I need some help guys, please. A couple of questions.

I think the pan looks pretty good. There was only some goop on the magnet, but after 130k, not bad, at least that's what I think. Am I wrong? With the pan looking like that; and only 3rd slipping (just started), these guys are quoting to replace the SOLENOID and TORQUE CONVERTER. Joe (manager) did show me what he said was my band (broken) and some gears with worn teeth. Crap, there were stacks of these gears (other trannys) all over the place. He said there's no way to clean the metal out of the TORQUE CONVERTER. Is that correct? Do they even need replacing? Isn't the solenoid electrical??? I can understand replacing some mechanical parts - since you're in there already, but if it's electrical and working; keep it, right?

I know my fly is unzipped and I'm at their mercy now. And it looks like I am going to have to shell out $3000 to get my truck fixed, but is there anything you fine folks can tell me to prevent further bleeding from my @ss and wallet?

Joe (at All Transmission World) did offer the $395 for the REMOVE and INSTALL. He quoted another $125 for fluids, filter and gaskets to reinstall and I pick it up with no futher repairs. Heck, I even went to the Ford dealer and I'm looking to just get another new vehicle.

Any thoughts please? I'm in a mess and tomorrow is Christmas Eve - nothing for my wife and daughter...

#6 Consumer Suggestion

File complaint with the Attorney General

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I hope that you have filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Florida, as well as the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. I have had problems with this company as well, and I am preparing a lawsuit against them.. Don't let them push you around, if they won't release the vehicle call your local law enforcement agency and file charges against them.... Also, don't forget the BBB for additional complaints. Let the public know the truth... I wish you luck....