Complaint Review: All Tune & Lube

All Tune & Lube
8334 Veterans Highway Millersville, Maryland United States of America

All Tune & Lube - ATL Con Artist Millersville Maryland

*Author of original report: Update

About 5 months about I began to search on the Internet for information on opening a franchise. I did not have too much cash so I put in a small amount. I was contacted by Jeff Eser. An employee of ATL. He works in the franchise development department of ATL. I asked several questions and Jeff kept telling me that he would answer those questions at a later time. Jeff painted a beautiful picture of the business, but I was still concerned with my lack of automotive experience. He said 90% of all successful franchise owners had not previous automotive experience. That should have have been a red flag for me. But I was really interested in  open in a new business, a franchise would be the best thing to happen to me. We finally got to the part of the $11k initial deposit and I asked Jeff the questions again which I felt were important to my decision, one was I wanted to know what happened to the franchise that was open in my home town but no longer in business. Jeff was smooth and said that all my questions could and would be answered but only after I "was part of the family". Once $11k were taken from my credit card, I never heard from Jeff again. I began getting calls from John Kelly. He insisted that I go to the management class at headquarters, which required the remaining $21k to be deposited. I told John that I would feel better if we found a location first. Jeff assured me that ATL has a real estate department that would help me do this. 4 months later, no location. I wrote to ATL to request they cancel the agreement and return my money. In the past 2 weeks I have been communicating with Daniel J Sparby, SR VP via email. Dan is now saying that the $11k is non refundable and refuses to return the money even though I have attempted to explain the false information that Eser gave me and the lack of help in finding a location. They basically tell you that their real estate department will help you but expect you to find it on your own.

Dan is sarcastic and somewhat arrogant in his responses and will not budge.
I would gladly join a lawsuit against this company. They are obviously scamming many people out of money.

Please email me information on who to contact for a lawsuit at (((Redacted)))

<font color="red"><a href="/whyedited.asp" target="why"> CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. </a></font>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2009 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Tune-Lube/Millersville-Maryland-21108/All-Tune-Lube-ATL-Con-Artist-Millersville-Maryland-481350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Tune & Lube

Update

AUTHOR: Ezequiel - (USA)

This posting is to retract all previous postings and messages I have made or sent regarding ATL International,Inc./All Tune and Lube of Millersville, Maryland. This matter has been settled on a basis satisfactory to all parties.