Complaint Review: All-Types Expediting / O'Hare Logistics

• Updated: Mon, February 22, 2010

• Reported By: Kent — Pioneer Ohio United States of America
All-Types Expediting / O'Hare Logistics
Chambeau Road Fort Wayne, Indiana United States of America

All-Types Expediting / O'Hare Logistics Midwest Expediting, O'Hare Logistics Rip Off, Con Artist, Scam Fort Wayne, Indiana

Anyone who is desperate for a job, don't be desperate enough to go to work for All Types Expediting, Midwest Expediting, O'Hare Logistics. They are all the same company & are all run by the same person," Stewart Nye". I also have reason to believe that "Stewart" is also "Dave" & "Ron". He WILL rip you off!

I paid $195.00 upfront for a drug test & orientation. That should have been my 1st clue. No one should have to pay anything to go to work for someone else. Anyway, he made it sound good so I went for it.

I had to leave my car there (Ft. Wayne) to insure that if I quit I would bring his cargo van back. I worked for this thief for 5 days. He put no money in my account for fuel (supposed to be 16% of the load). I picked up & delivered 3 loads(supposed to be paid 35% on top of the 16% for fuel),& ended up in Boston, MA. It was a holiday weekend & I was going to be stuck living in that van for at least 4 days, waiting on a load. Needless to say, I called & told the dispatcher (his wife & the only dispatcher) that I was done & I was bringing  the van back.

I was told that I owe them $340.00 for personal use of the van. I was bringing the van to them from Boston. How could this be considered personal use?

I took the van to his Chambeau Rd., Ft. Wayne address. When I pulled into HIS parking lot, apparently I ran over a small piece of metal & the tire went flat. He (Stewart) told me I had to fix the tire & wash the van, which I refused to do. Then he wanted the keys to the van & I refused, because my car & keys were no where in sight. He told me if I moved the van off of the property, I would be arrested. I called the police ( Stewart was gone by the time the cops got there) & the cop told me to change the tire & drive the van back home since he (Stewart) has my car.

As I was removing the flat tire, Stewart came back & took the spare out of the van & locked in his building before I even realized what was going on. I called the cops again & of course he took off before they got there. The cops took me to a tire place  to get the flat fixed. I had to call a friend from home (65 miles away) to come help me get the tire back to the van. I put the tire on & drove the van home. This was Sunday, Feb.14.

The next afternoon I got a phone call from "Debra" (Stewart's wife-the dispatcher) wanting me to bring the van back on Wednesday. Now they say I owe them $384.00 (more miles on the van).

I arrived there Wed. morning with a police officer with me. "Stewart" inspected the van & said everything was fine. Then he started demanding money or I wasn't getting my car. The cops told him the money was a civil matter, but holding my car was a criminal matter, a felony. He didn't care, he refused to tell me or the cops where my car was. This went on for 3 hours. So he was charged but not arrested & was free to go.

The cops took my wife & I  to the mall where it would be easier for someone from home to find us & take us home. After about an hour, the officer called & said that Stewart had called his attorney & was told he'd better give us our car, which he did. He (Stewart) had put 80 miles on my car!

I didn't give him any money. I don't owe him anything. He owes me for 3 deliveries & fuel. I lost at least $1200.00 working for this scum for 5 days. I'm just glad I quit when I did. I figure I'll never see my money, but hopefully all of us that have been ripped off by this guy can get together & put him in jail. He has been doing this to innocent people for years & he needs to be stopped!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Types-Expediting-OHare-Logistics/Fort-Wayne-Indiana-46805/All-Types-Expediting-OHare-Logistics-Midwest-Expediting-OHare-Logistics-Rip-Off-Con-573410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All-Types Expediting / O'Hare Logistics