Complaint Review: All You Can Talk Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, June 22, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2007

• Reported By:Tooele Utah
All You Can Talk Wireless
1564 Hillfield RD Suite 5 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

All You Can Talk Wireless Sexual Harrassment Wrongful Termination Retaliation Ripoff Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Not concerned.

*UPDATE Employee: Unjustified Claims

*Author of original report: Going to trial tomorrow.. for what?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hey Meagan, How about the truth now

I was employed by All You Can Talk Wireless for about six months. During that time, I was a reliable employee, excellent sales person, had great customer relations and was SEXUALLY HARRASSED by my direct manager and her husband. Not only was I harrassed, I had commission stolen by my direct manager, had my hours cut with no reason given, while she and her husband went to lunch I watched her four year old daughter and tried to run the store by myself. After about three months of putting up with this abuse, I decided to send an email to my regional manager's manager. In the email, I laid it all out there; the stolen commissions, the cut back hours, the sexual harrassment and babysitting. I never received a resonse to this email. It was sent on April 5, 2007. On April 6, 2007 I came into work and immediately was told by my manager that I had a phone call. It was my regional manager (not the person I sent the email too.) He told me that he knew about the email but he was calling to discuss another matter. He said it had come to his attention that I had let a customer into the back to use the bathroom and that this was against company policy (interesting, considering I had never heard, nor been coached on such policies.) He told me that he would have to terminate me. He also has no proof of this because the camera in the store doesn't record! How convient for him! After getting off the phone with him, I was told by my direct manager (whom I made the complaint against) that she knew all about the email. That is in direct violation of Utah employee confidentiality laws. And I also know that no formal investigation was done and that particular manager still has her job with All You Can Talk. Since my wrongful termination I have found it extremely difficult to find good employment. I have also been slandered and my very character called into question by the company, being called a thief, violent and hostile.
And this slander has happened since being terminated. So, I consider this harrassment.
This company is a lawsuit waiting to happen and I am disgusted at the misjustice that has come to me at the hands of All You Can Talk.
I warn you now, stay away from this company.

Meagan
Tooele, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-You-Can-Talk-Wireless/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-89502/All-You-Can-Talk-Wireless-Sexual-Harrassment-Wrongful-Termination-Retaliation-Ripoff-Salt-256254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All You Can Talk Wireless

Not concerned.

AUTHOR: Meagan - (U.S.A.)

I really am not worried about what you have to say about it. Like I said before, my conscience is clear. I know that I was wrongfully terminated. And I know that it was retaliation.
The trial was dismissed.. surprise surprise. The Judge could obviously see through the unjustified claims as well.
Enough is enough now.
I have chosen to move on with my life. That is why I have dropped my personal lawsuit.
My life is moving forward in a great direction and I don't want this poison sucking out all the fun.

Cheers!

Unjustified Claims

AUTHOR: Defender59 - (U.S.A.)

Originally you were let go for one reason, and one reason only: blatant disregard for company property and policy.
As for the situation that has sent you to trial, when another customer in the store was more than willing to write a statement that she felt afraid for her life as well as the lives of the employees because of the way you and your boyfriend were acting, there is no need for 'camera evidence.'
Your circumstances with this company have been unfortunate but self-inflicted. If you didn't want to lose your job you should have followed company policy. Then you wouldn't have run the risk of getting caught doing something that neither you, nor your brother should have been involved with at all.
The harrassment issue was completely seperate from you being let go, and that fact was clearly stated to you at the time that you were let go.

Going to trial tomorrow.. for what?

AUTHOR: Meagan - (U.S.A.)

After being wrongfully terminated from All You Can Talk Wireless in April, I kept cell phone service with them for about a month or so. When my the screen on my boyfriend's cell phone went out, we went to the store to do a warranty exchange (the same store I was fired from.) Everything went fine and we gave them our $45 cash to do the exchange. Well, when they handed me the receipt, I saw that they were going to be sending us a completely different phone and a down graded model from what he was currently using. The sales rep didn't bother tellling us this, so when we saw what they were sending us, we told them if it wasn't the same phone then we didnt want to do it. So we asked them to give us our $45 back. They said no.
So I ask you.. What kind of establishment takes $45 cash from someone and 5 minutes later tells them they can't have it back?? Isn't the customer always right. So we stood there.. I said I knew there was something they could do about it, seeing as I used to work there. They still said no. I asked them to call the manager. They did. She said no. I would like you to know that the manager knew it was me.. so of course she wouldn't do anything to help me. My boyfriend got upset saying "This is bulls---!" And things like that. I kept my cool because I knew there was a camera in there. So my boyfriend threw a little fit, they wouldn't give us the money back, so we left.
Later that night, I have a police officer call my house saying that she had statements from the employees at the store that stated I had jumped behind the counter and tried to steal my money from the til.
Hardly.
So.. where's the tape? My proof that the employees committed perjury, slandered me and called me hostile.. when I was perfectly calm about it?
The recorder in the store doesn't record.
But of course!
So, I'll be going to court tomorrow morning for trial about these charges. I'm glad the Judge in Tooele likes me, because I have no proof.. but then again, niether do they.
I WILL NOT let them get the better of me.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hey Meagan, How about the truth now

AUTHOR: Jflint - (U.S.A.)

Hey Meagan why don't you tell everyone who was really in the back room. Then you can tell everyone what he was doing. It is quite obvious why you have left out all of the details because if everyone was to know the truth, that drugs were involved you would probably be feeling pretty bad right now, having tried to destroy a company for something that was obviously your fault. Why don't you stick to the truth.
Also I sure hope you weren't watching the kid when this happened. That might make you look even worse.