Complaint Review: All in one Marine

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: Rickster — Victoria British Columbia Canada
All in one Marine
4832 Burde st Port Alberni, British Columbia United States of America

All in one Marine charged me for not even fixing the problem Port Alberni, British Columbia

Recently my boat was not running properly,only steam was coming out of pee hole when at trolling speed,because I was desperate to get it fixed the same day it happened,because I was in a salmon derby that weekend, I tried contacting all local Marine shops,and was only able to get a hold of All in One shop,they told me to bring the boat in right away because the mechanic was only going to be around for a limited time(on a saturday),so I brought it in,and the mechanic changed the impeller,although he didn't replace it with a new one,he found a old one to make it work!!Anyway the mechanic assured me that was the problem,and the owner charged me double time ($300) for 2 hrs and price of used impeller,next day got out fishing,and the same problem occured with steam coming out of pee hole instead of water!!

I could not wait until tuesday(which was when the shop was open after long weekend,so I left my boat up at my dads so he could bring it back to them! When he brought the boat,and motor back,they re evaluated the motor and said that I have a blown head gasket,or cracked head and min cost will be $1000 or($2000 for cracked head!!) I told my dad on the phone to forget it and pick up my boat,the motor was not worth fixing for that price,and  when he went to pick it up,they would not give the motor back until he paid another $140(for them to  take leg of motor off again to analize!!!)  So basically they charged me $440 for nothing,and a friend of my dads,who is  a Mechanic,fixed it for $300(blown head gasket)

Who really knows what those scammers would have charged me if I had told them to go ahead and fix it!!!  Stay away from All in One Marine in Port Alberni BC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-in-one-Marine/Port-Alberni-British-Columbia-/All-in-one-Marine-charged-me-for-not-even-fixing-the-problem-Port-Alberni-British-Colum-937950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All in one Marine