rank

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Lynn — New York New York United States of America
AllStarBloggersNetwork.com

AllStarBloggersNetwork.com fraudsters post misleading job offer for movie and sports reviewers Internet, Internet

I responded to what seemed to be a legitimate job posting regarding sports and movie reviewing.  The company, AllStarBloggersNetwork.com, in their job posting, states that this is a contract job which pays between $300 to $500 per week.  On their posting, they have you go to a website which contains sports clips and movie trailers.  They ask you to pick a video, then write a sample report or review between 500 and 1,000 words.  This was my first red flag.  I have worked as a film critic, never have I been asked to write a full-length review based on a 2 minute movie trailer.

Anyway, before I even had a chance to write anything, a few minutes later I was contacted by one of their reps, Kevin Hudson.  He asked me about my background, etc. and then mentioned that I would have to set up my own reviewing website.  This was the second red flag.  I decided to cut to the chase and ask him how much it would cost.  He said setting up the website, maintaining the site, etc would run me between $300 and $400.  He then put me on hold while he played an annoying audio presentation over the phone--I hung up before the "presentation" was over, sent him an e-mail and turned down the offer.  Besides Kevin, a Jason Cruse and a Brian Gibson, also reps from this company, called me about this "job".  While I was on the phone with one of them, I could tell, from the background noise, that this is definitely a bolier room operation!  I could not find a brick and mortor address for them.  What a surprise!  By the way, this job was posted on Careerbuilder.com, which is how I got roped into following up.  But I did not give these jokers any money and neither should anybody!

Bottom line: This is not a job, but a real scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AllStarBloggersNetworkcom/internet/AllStarBloggersNetworkcom-fraudsters-post-misleading-job-offer-for-movie-and-sports-revi-840956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AllStarBloggersNetwork.com