Complaint Review: Allegiant Airlines

• Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Iowa City Iowa United States of America
Allegiant Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Allegiant Airlines Allegiant Air Customer Service is THE WORST EVER Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: IDIOT

*Author of original report: Learn some manners, read what i wrote.

*UPDATE Employee: Hey CHEAPO Next Time Don't Be So CHEAP

I hope that in writing this, people will avoid using Allegaint Air!  I would give their customer service a grade F!  My spouse and I booked a flight to leave Cedar Rapids, IA, on Monday, June 4th with our final destination being Las Vegas.  We arrived at check-in at the airport to find out that our flight was rescheduled to fly out on Sunday, June 3rd.  They claimed that they sent me an email way back in March to make me aware of the change.  Well, I never got it!  Then they told me to check my spam filter on my email spam filter, and it wasn't there either.  I would have thought a change that major would prompt a phone call anyway!  We also know our situation wasn't an isolated case because the people in line behind us experienced the exact same thing!

The options they offered us was to wait until the next flight which left on Thursday, or drive to Des Moines which is a two hour drive away, and catch a flight out that evening.  We finally got there, but lost an entire day of our vacation, gas expense to drive an extra four miles round trip, and weren't offered priority boarding as we'd orginally paid for.

Their customer service phone line is next to impossible to reach, and the response time for them to respond to a complaint is 4-6 weeks.

In my opinion, they either need to retrain there customer service reps and learn to treat paying customers like their time is important, and management needs to realize that continually ripping their customers off like this will only lead to their demise, or they will eventually go bankrupt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allegiant-Airlines/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89140/Allegiant-Airlines-Allegiant-Air-Customer-Service-is-THE-WORST-EVER-Las-Vegas-Nevada-897459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allegiant Airlines

#1 Consumer Suggestion

IDIOT

AUTHOR: Leonard - (U.S.A.)

Howie has a point you IDIOT - Read the contract of carriage written by Alliegent. They can put you on a greyhound bus from Cedar Rapids to Las Vegas and there is nothing you can do about it. Why don't you admit you are a cheap J* tying to save a couple of pennies and got hosed. Next time take your vacation in the Quad Cities.

Learn some manners, read what i wrote.

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

You act as though I was mad about reading an email they sent me...if you'd read what i'd said, i told you the email was never sent...and the same thing happened to other passengers..we weren't an isolated case...your argument is way off point.  The flight was in no way cheap by the time all the extras were added.  And if you're an employee, learn to deal with your customers instead of throwing them a card with a phone number and saying, "Hopefully, you'll get through."  What a joke.  End of subject.

Hey CHEAPO Next Time Don't Be So CHEAP

AUTHOR: Howie Felterbush - (USA)

There are many flight options from Cedar Rancid. You chose to pay for the cheapest, most low-class ghetto airline in the skies (not counting Spirit) Shouldn't it have been a clue to you that they only fly one or two days a WEEK, use 30 year old airplanes, charge you for everything, including water and yet you STILL bought a ticket. If you had bothered to check the internet, you  would have known to avoid Alliegent - but NOOOOOOOO - you went for the cheap and got cheap. Just like that trailer park you live in.  Next time, if you can't afford a ticket on a legitimate airline, STAY HOME!