Complaint Review: Allel

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2002

• Reported By:Phoenix AZ
4805 E. Thistle Landing Suite 100 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

ALLTEL, change of service plan without autorization resulting in HUGE bills

i purchase a new alltel plan in 6/01. 250 daytime min. & unlimited night and weekend for 29.99 Per month. (2 phones at same plan)I canceled my old alltel phone after purchasing new one.

Once my bills started coming the were usually at least $200 a month. I was charged for night time minutes that were included. the first month they credited me the money after that I got the run-around.

When questioning my bills I was told they would research them , which I neverheard a response from. After 3 months I found out they were still billing the phone i had turned off (it took 5 months to stop getting bills for that one and amount was credited finally)Every bill i was charged for night miutes and charged twice for evey roaming call.

(My 2nd phone was always billed correctly)I called & wrote Alltel constantly always wanting to know why my bills were so high. I was finally told that "I had called and requested they change my plan to 250minutes only a month".

Which I DID NOT. Who in their right mon wold ask for less minutes. In the proces of all this I only had one person at alltel actually try and help me the rest wouldjust "research" the problem and they would notlet me talk to a supervisor "the CSR could always take care of it".

I finally asked them to turn off my phone since in 4 months thyehad charged me almost $900. for a 29.99 plan. It took 2 months for them to actually turn it off and that was only because I quit paying my bill.

They then changed my plan (after turning it off) back to the original minutes. They have credited most of the charges back but are now charging the $200 early termination fee. I feel I had no choce but to terminate because of the outragious bills and the fact they had changed my contract.

Why should I have to live up to my end of the contract when they didn't live up to theirs? If they had not messed with my account I would not have had to turn it off. I filed a complaint with the AZ BBB, but they were unable to resolve it. And the account has now been turned over to collections.

Is there nowhere for a consumer to turn when they are getting the short end of the deal, or in my case a totally different deal then they were told? I have called and wrote Alltel repeatedly while all this was going on and have not heard one word from them until they tried to collect the amount due.

Phoenix Arizona

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Alltel

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allel/Phoenix-Arizona-85027/ALLTEL-change-of-service-plan-without-autorization-resulting-in-HUGE-bills-12493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allel