Vermont

• Updated: Thu, August 24, 2006

• Reported By:Carrollton Texas
Allen And Associates
Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Allen And Associates Ripoff! not describing service accurately during sales process Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: He's right: It is a rip-off

*UPDATE Employee: Manager What this client fails to mention is the fact he "no showed" 3 seperate appointments after we started his job campaign

they sell the service like they are going to find you a job. They in fact help you complete your resume, write a broadcast letter, finalize your network list, mail the broadcast letter and then it is up to you to call every company (150+) on the list to, "job network" to find those alleged, "unadvertised jobs".

you do all the work as far as finding a job. so, they help kick off your job networking campaign but do nothing to help you as far as calling anyone. they give you access to a search engine to find jobs, but it is up to you to use it to see if there are any jobs in your field available.

$1100 is way too high for this service. believe me, i know.

Richard
Carrollton, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2005 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-And-Associates/Dallas-Texas/Allen-And-Associates-Ripoff-not-describing-service-accurately-during-sales-process-Dallas-136680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen And Associates

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

I'll start off by stating that I have an outstanding resume with start up and international organizations, excellent references and a solid work history. I hired Allen and Associates to do all the "leg work" that I didn't want to do and contact the high level people that a "normal" candidate wouldn't have access to (this was before the days of execs posting their bio's/e-mail on the web). I also wanted a company with personnel who had "personal" relationships with the heads of these corporations. Allen and Associates confirmed they had all of these.

Allen and Associates-Dallas took me for about $1300. They had me hooked as my contact claimed his "close personal" relationships with higher ups of several prominent companies and how he could contact them after my letters were mailed. These included the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Mavericks. I was also informed about their having the most up to date contact list in the business. I paid additional money for extra companies to be contacted. I was told that although they could not guarantee (wink, wink) a job, I would be working within six weeks.

The majority of the "high level" contacts that A&A sent letters to were opened by low level administrative people who threw the letters and resumes in the trash. I contacted one company and asked for the head of the organization (the man to whom the letter was addressed and the man for whom the company was named). I was informed HE HAD BEEN DEAD for a year and a half. I was completely humiliated. I was paying these people to do the groundwork for me and they sent me to a dead guy. Others that I got in touch with never saw my resume and never heard of A&A.

Mentioning that I was working with Allen and Associates got me nowhere. No one had either heard of them or of my contact there.

I also paid (by the month) for a service they provided that would contact you the minute a company called them to see you. I did this for two months and received not one phone call. I canceled it and actually did receive ONE phone call three years later. It was for an entry level position. It was the the time I was ever contacted by Allen and Associates after I received my packet (letters, resumes, contact list). I informed him that I had not been contacted by their company since they sent a letter to a dead man and that I had not received a single call, e-mail, or interviews from their "services". I also commented that I had cancelled the "pager service" almost three years prior.

I called the Dallas office several times and was told that my contact was unavailable, out of the office, or on the phone. Not one phone call was ever returned. When I called the corporate office, I was put into voice mail and never received a return call.

I also stated that I wanted a refund. I'm still waiting for that return call or check. Until they contact me, I tell every person I know in the job market that this is the biggest rip off you can imagine. You would probably have better luck with resume rabbit. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

AUTHOR: Kent - (U.S.A.)

What this client fails to mention is the fact he "no showed" 3 seperate appointments after we started his job campaign. He overslept twice and
failed to answer his phone for a phone conference.

He prefered the phone conference even though he lives 10 minutes from our office. We also did a FREE second mailing for him when the first one did not produce any offers, even though we were not obligated to do so.

He also had a difficult time understanding how to use our search engine even though it is a very simple keyword search.
We have helped people in Dallas for over 10 years and we are very proud of our record in the Dallas area. But when someone no shows three appointments the only error we made was in taking on this person as a client.