Complaint Review: Allen And Associates

• Submitted: Wed, August 20, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 20, 2008

• Reported By:Florissant Colorado
Allen And Associates
2600 Lake Lucien Drive, Suite 410 Maitland, Florida U.S.A.

Allen & AssociatesCharged $3500 and delivered almost nothing Maitland Florida

*Consumer Comment: Got a refund

I'm so sorry I didn't look here before forking over $3500 up front plus $180 for 3 months of an 800 number with a live answering service (I received one call through it). I agree with many of the other complaints here. The sales rep promised all kinds of individualized services and, once I signed up, I never heard from him again. The promise to rewrite my resume was a cut and paste job from info I entered online and looked pretty much like my original resume with just different formatting. My assigned rep was next to impossible to reach. It took over 2 weeks of emails and calls to finally set up a 10 minute conversation to understand their process. Subsequent contacts were the same. There's a way to contact reps on their web site which she told me to avoid since it takes forever for her to get the messages. She told me to contact her directly via her email address instead where her responses weren't much better.

They said they would put my info in front of decision makers. That involved a one page letter synopsis from my resume sent to "decision makers" at about 250 companies. To get the list of target companies, I had my rep do many different searches (you can't do them yourself) which each took days to process. None of them really focused on my areas of interest but I finally just gave up and went with whatever I could pull together from what she sent me. Some of the "decision makers" that this letter went to weren't really the decision makers in the few instances where I knew who was who at the company (and I only knew from a quick search to the company's web site which is what Allen's research dept. is supposed to do). Of all the letters that went out, I received about 5 letters from HR saying that they received my letter and either couldn't respond to letters or didn't have anything for me. In their literature, I think Allen expects this since most of their "training" is how to cold call these "decision makers" and tell them indirectly that you're looking for a job and won't take no for an answer.

I've given up trying to contact my rep. I see how their big "letter campaign" that the sales rep highlighted as the key part of their successful services could have been done for about $100 by an outsourced admin. assistant. After the campaign was mailed out, I received a hard copy of my resume, the letter, a CD with the list of companies the letter was sent to and my resume and letter and a leather portfolio and pen. I feel like that was the most expensive portfolio I could have bought.

I would love to get my money back and invest it in a company that actually does what they say.

Paige
Florissant, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2008 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-And-Associates/Maitland-Florida-32751/Allen-AssociatesCharged-3500-and-delivered-almost-nothing-Maitland-Florida-365013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen And Associates

AUTHOR: Pennyntx - (U.S.A.)

I should have reported this much earlier. I wanted to let people know that I posted as pennyntx in November of 2007 and experienced most of the same problems as everybody else.

I contacted GE MoneyBank, who does the loans for A & A. I told them that according to their terms and conditions that I would not have to pay for services if they were not rendered properly or effectively, I may not have to pay the remaining balance.

Well lo and behold...I receved a letter from them saying that my outstanding balance was wiped clean, and I never made a payment!! If you charged this thru GE MoneyBank check this out. It is a special rule for credit card purchasers. I enclosed a copy of a BBB complaint, as well as an official complaint to the TX and FLA Sec. of state letters I had filed. You have to do the procedure in writing and it took about 60 days but it was worth it!!