Complaint Review: Allen Car Care Center

• Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By: Martin — Allen Texas United States of America
Allen Car Care Center
600 B North Central Expressway Allen, Texas United States of America

Allen Car Care Center Damaged steering wheel while truck was in for service Allen, Texas

*Author of original report: speculations and guesses??

*General Comment: Question

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Family business abused by Martin M.

Back in Feb, 2011, took my truck in to get a wheel bearing replaced. Bob, the owner,  called me several hours later to tell me that both he and a tech test drove the truck and didn't hear any issues with the wheel bearing. I told them to go ahead and replace it. He called me later to tell me the truck was ready and that my steering wheel was really loose. It wasn't that way when I dropped the truck off and he didn't say anything about it when he called me the first time after they had drove the truck. They did something to cause the wheel to become loose and won't fess up to it.  I had to drive the truck with a very loose steering wheel to Ford to get it repaired the next morning.

If the steering wheel was loose before I took it in to him, it would have been the first thing I or anyone would have wanted looked at and repaired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2011 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-Car-Care-Center/Allen-Texas-75013/Allen-Car-Care-Center-Damaged-steering-wheel-while-truck-was-in-for-service-Allen-Texas-745598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen Car Care Center

speculations and guesses??

AUTHOR: MartinM - (USA)

Sorry Bob,  no speculations or guesses regarding my steering wheel.  The Fact is that one of your tech's damaged it while working on my truck.

As far as your comment about not wanting to do any further work on my car or truck, you don't have to worry about that since there is no way I'd even want to take the risk of something else getting broken by your team.  It took just one mistake to show me that you are willing to lie and cover up something that one of your techs made.

As I've said in other posts, I just hope that something like this doesn't happen to anyone else when they leave their cars in your care.  I know you have good trust and service with other customers, I've read their posts and hope they continue to get "good service" from you.  And if by chance, something like what happened in my case, you will be honest with them and make it right.

To the other poster regarding the steering getting messed up during a bearing replacement.  I'm not a mechanic, but I seriously doubt that changing a wheel bearing would have any affect on the  steering itself.  My steering was fine, just the steering wheel was soo loose, it felt you could lift it off into your lap after the bearing was replaced.

Bob's claim is that it was that way when I dropped the truck off.  And as I've stated in other posts, it would have been the number one thing I would have asked to be looked into and fixed.  I was not informed of this until after the truck had been worked on with getting the bearing replaced.

How they knocked the steering wheel loose, I have no idea, nor does Ford.  If anyone does know, I'd like to hear what could have caused it.

#2 General Comment

Question

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Could the replacement of a bad ball bearing, or any old bearing with a new one, expose an existing steering issue that was otherwise masked by the condition of the old bearing? I'd like to hear back from both your company and the other mechanically inclined readers.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Family business abused by Martin M.

AUTHOR: Bob - (United States of America)

Reply to the multiple attempts to discredit our reputible business as this man endlessly hits the net with speculations and guesses "someone was out to get em".   We have no interest in working on this gentlemans vehicles and sure had no motives to damage a vehicle.  We repair them.   You can see his multiple attempts to hurt on sites such as the yahoo.com under search allen car care, on allenonline.com in the blogs and comments section, on ripoff.com, and of course here.  Read all these along with the positve and you can see what he is trying to do to his target, Allen Car Care Center.  Why, I dont know.  What is his advantage, I just dont know.  We have yet to run into another like him and hope you dont either.  We pray his heart will soften and reality will come into his understanding.  He bought a repair we recommend against (wheel bearing) which he didnt need as it tested good, then bites the hands trying to help.  What can ya do??  Ugh!