Complaint Review: Allen Car Care

• Reported By: Amandawithabrokencar — McKinney Texas United States of America
Allen Car Care
600 Central Expwy. Allen, Texas United States of America

Allen Car Care Allen Car Care destroyed my Car and Ripped me off! Allen, Texas

I used to be their biggest fan.Not anymore....RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

I have gone there for years. I have referred many people there. The first time I felt a little suspicious of them was when they told me my e-break had gotten stuck and broken...also ruining my rotors. I took it to another shop and they couldn't find anything wrong.

To this day....it is fine. My husband said maybe he got us confused with another customer....we let it slide. Fast forward to April. We have them do our 100K service.

Tell him to do whatever it says is recommended. So timing belt, flushes....told him to do it all. Now, 8 months later.....one of my friends is driving the car down the highway. Loud crashing sound and the car stops.

The tow truck guy says the timing belt broke in his opinion. I call Bob and ask him if that was something covered by the 12 month warranty provided on the belt and service performed. He immediately says...we didn't replace the water pump. Ummm....

ok. So I ask if he sees the service and he said yes we had it done in April. The belt was changed but not the water pump. He said it wasn't recommended.

Every google search I have done says that is recommended for the water pump and belt to be done at the same time. That is not the issue however. He tells us it's the idler pulley, it locked up causing the belt to melt and break. He will have to do a $1200 repair before he can tell me if there is damage to the motor.

I trust him....we have done business for years. I say ok. Then he tells us after that there is about $3000 more in damage he can't fix. That will be $1200.

My husband calls a buddy of his trying to unload the car. He has a car lot and we were thinking a mechanic may want to buy the car as a project car. He tells us Bob should have known that there was guaranteed damage from her driving 70 miles per hour when it broke. Then tells me that $1200 seems really high.....we email him a receipt.

While I wait to hear back I get in touch with Mitsubishi....a certified Mitsubishi mechanic tells me that not only did he over charge but it was by about $600....he charges double what the dealership does. Then I notice our receipt.....a timing belt component kit.....then we were also charged for each component individually. Nice. The next day I get an email from my friends buddy, same estimate....$600.

Both agree he should have never done the work anyway because there was 100% chance the engine was damaged. They both recommended replacing the motor. Both are suspicious that this should have been a warranty issue. I am told to ask for the parts he bought and receipts for them.

Legally he has to provide these. He brings some of the parts (NO WATER PUMP IN TH BOX) He tells us he will not provide the part receipts because he doesn't have to let us see the wholesale pricing he gets. The receipt for the 100 K service? He has a hard time finding (Strangely on day one he pulled it up in seconds while we are on the phone) OH wait he found it....gives it to my husband.

Looking over it I notice it is an estimate....not an invoice and it was typed up TODAY. I call him he stutters a bit and said its a list of what they did. I tell him I need the actual recept,. The one I signed?.

If there is a Component kit on there he is liable for all of it and he knows it|. He can't find it/. I send my husband up there to get him to look on the computer in front of him;. Him and his friend walk in and there are shredding noises coming from Bob's office".

That's reassuring'. So, then to top it off they broke the handle on the driver side/. Apparently there was a crack in it.....Funny. I never saw one before.

So now I have a ruined motor and a broken driver side handle so you can't even get into the car. Thanks Bob.....your receipt says Honesty, Accuracy, and Quality.....Lies. I feel even worse as I don't even know how many of my friends and family he has ripped off. I referred him to everyone :-(

**** Update ****I am now replacing the water pump he put in, supposedly new.

The guy replacing my motor said he would not guarantee the work if I didn't because the one Bob put in is covered in sealant and leaking. Being as the car hasn't been started since he put it in he couldn't have put in a new one. Also, he told us the $1200 repair was the only way to know if I had engine damage. Mitsubishi recommends a compression test.

:-( My handle he told my husband was cracked and that is how it broke in their care...he told the BBB it was broken before he got it. I am trying to track down the tow guy to testify that it was not broken. Also, I have the girl that was driving the car that day (not me) as a witness. When I called him about the water pump he told me he had no interest in talking to me.

I am building a case to take him to court. I have the water pump and video of the work being done to repair the damage they caused.I have done business with him for years...sent everyone I knew to him.

I now wonder how many times I have been ripped off.He is a bad man

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-Car-Care/Allen-Texas-75013/Allen-Car-Care-Allen-Car-Care-destroyed-my-Car-and-Ripped-me-off-Allen-Texas-1021706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen Car Care