Complaint Review: Allen Lewis & Associates

• Submitted: Sat, February 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 07, 2009

• Reported By:Springville California
Allen Lewis & Associates
1185 Lane Ave. Suite 5 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Allen Lewis & Associates STILL USING ILLEGAL COLLECTING PRACTICES! Jacksonville Florida

Around 2/1/09, Mr. Brockwell contacted my mother regarding this account. My mother forwarded the call information on to me. I called Allen Lewis & Associates and asked to speak with Mr. Brockwell. He was unavailable and I spoke with a women who did not identify herself and would not identify herself when requested. I was informed that I had rented a trumpet from American Band Instruments in 2000 for my son and never returned the trumpet.

She represented herself as a lawyer and informed me that she was filing criminal papers with my local county to have me arrested. I informed her that I did not have children and had never signed nor cosigned for anyone to rent or purchase a trumpet. I requested proof of the claim and she told me it was too late and I was going to be arrested. She could not provide me information regarding the company, the claim, nor the amount.

I further asked what I was being arrested for to clarify her intent and she wanted to verfiy my social security number by the last four digits. I confirmed this was a my social security number and she told me it was too late, I was a thief, and be prepared to be arrested. When I further questioned the matter, she told me good luck changing my social security number before being arrested and I deserved to be in jail for stealing. She then hung up the phone.

I called back and asked for Mr. Blackwell again and spoke with a gentleman, who would not identify himself when requested, who told me Mr. Blackwell was away from his desk and he was Director and I had to speak with him. We went through the same talk about Allen Lewis filing charges against me and I was a crook and be prepared to be arrested. I find this type of scare tatics a complete violation of fair debt collecting practices and against the law.

I have filed with the Florida Attorney Generals Office, California Attorney Generals Office, Federal Trade Commission, BBB of Florida, and my local authorities. I have also email a Cease Letter via Registered Mail. I would strongly recommend NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT dealing with this company! They violate every law possible!

Rae
Springville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-Lewis-Associates/Jacksonville-Florida-32205/Allen-Lewis-Associates-STILL-USING-ILLEGAL-COLLECTING-PRACTICES-Jacksonville-Florida-421426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen Lewis & Associates