Complaint Review: Allen Lewis and Associates

• Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: TheGoodGuy — San Francisco California United States of America
Allen Lewis and Associates
1185 Lane Ave. Suite 5, Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Allen Lewis and Associates 904-265-8138, Deceptive and Abusive Collections Practices (class action needed) Jacksonville, Florida

*Consumer Comment: No way

I have been harassed by these guys at Allen Lewis and Associates for the last two weeks. This is the first time I have heard of this issue that they say is well over a year old. They have been calling me on my work number, I didn't know this was a no no. So I am going to tell them to call another number. They were extremely threatening, demeaning and abusive verbally, especially by a guy by the name of Mark Davis. I was physically shaking by the end of the call.

They have made  at least two false statements to me:

1. By saying that they cannot hold this any longer or it will go back to the client. This is not true because I called the client and they said it specifically cannot go back to them, it's against the law. Somebody is lying and I don't think it is the very nice and polite lady at the store whom I offered to pay dirrectly.

2.They are insinuating that I have committed a crime because I am in possession of "missing property" (the same as saying it's stolen property). How can you be held liable for the financial value of an item plus interest and also have it charged as stolen or "missing" property at the same time??

I want to pay this off because it is just a big misunderstanding, and a very long story. But they insist that I give them my checking account info or a credit card, NOW "or else". I don't trust them, and according to this forum and their "F" rating on the Better Business Bureau webstie I'm better off not cooperating.

There seem to be ample grounds for a class action suit. If any attorney wants to pursue I am willing to help out. These guys are extremely unprofessional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2011 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-Lewis-and-Associates/Jacksonville-Florida-32205/Allen-Lewis-and-Associates-904-265-8138-Deceptive-and-Abusive-Collections-Practices-clas-797186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen Lewis and Associates

No way

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

A class action lawsuit requires a large number of victims that have suffered a loss. You do not have other victims and you have not suffered a loss. Pay your bill.